Joe Kauffman

Bowfishing tournament?

Hi all,

I've been bowfishing most of my life but have never been a part of any type of actual tournament. With my 14 year old son beating me most of the time I thought it would be fun to see if there are some fellow forum members that would be interested in putting on our own friendly tourney sometime in the Spring. Although daytime would be good, my son and I usually like going out at night with lights as the water is usually calmer and you don't have the daytime activity around the lakes.

Thought I'd throw the idea out there...anyone interested?

Joe Kauffman

I've never done it but it sounds like fun. :)

TJ

Heck YEA were interested!!! I know a few different teams that would come shoot day or night!! It would be fun to have a coueswhitetail.com bowfishing tournament!! You can count my team in!!

Heck YEA were interested!!! I know a few different teams that would come shoot day or night!! It would be fun to have a coueswhitetail.com bowfishing tournament!! You can count my team in!!

A night tourney in june/july would be sweet, the later summer months are better for Night Shooting!!! Lets do a late march shoot at Pleasent and a Late june night shoot at roosey!!!! Pleasent is usually the best lake to shoot fish Early in the Yr!!!!

Awesome! Sounds like we could get enough people for a decent turnout. I'll work on the details and post something when we get closer to the date.

You guys done much at Alamo? We had a blast there last Fall. The water clarity in the deeper water was crazy at night which allowed us for some more challenging deep water shoots. The shallow areas were a bit difficult at night because of the mud churned up but was decent during the day.

I am all for a CouesWhitetail.com bowfishing tournament, neat idea! Let me know what I can do to help with it. I probably can't attend, but if someone agrees to organize it, I can mass email members periodically to keep everyone informed.

Thanks Amanda! I'll handle the organization and will let you know when we have some details planned. I'm not sure of the legals behind doing an actual tournament with entry fees and payouts but maybe we could do some small fun donations for the first few places. It's all about the fun anyhow!

Thanks Amanda! I'll handle the organization and will let you know when we have some details planned. I'm not sure of the legals behind doing an actual tournament with entry fees and payouts but maybe we could do some small fun donations for the first few places. It's all about the fun anyhow!

I think one of the legal issues is insurance and that has held us back from doing more tournaments. In order to get a permit from the agency that manages the lake, you will likely have to provide liability insurance.

I believe that with regard to tournament payouts, you have to pay out all the money you take in.

Joe just let us know and we would help get the word out. How did u guys do on sunday? To cold and wet for us so we split. Im putting one on april 14th and 15th at rosie if you or anybody else is interested. Just let me know

Dom

Dom,

My son and I took 1st place Sunday...the storm hit us pretty hard Saturday night so the water was tough Sunday morning. Only a couple teams stuck it out. We had a pretty sad weigh in of 5 fish for 30 pounds but it was enough to take the 3 classes so we were happy.

Got your text about the tourney at Rosie. Count us in, we'll be there.

I'm still working out the details for a couple tourneys late Spring and Summer. We have another sponsor interested that can help out with permits and insurance so it can be a real tournament. I'll keep everyone posted.