A few thoughts from the meeting Tuesday night. At least the ADA gave us the chance to speak up. Where are the other organizations at? A lot of us, myself included have stated with the ADA’s silence they are therefore supporting AZSFW. Should we make the same assumptions about the other organizations? Where are they all at? If any of you are members of these other groups have you been contacted, have you contacted them? Have these other organizations even made a statement at all. Make no doubt about it, I was frustrated Tuesday night. I hate to talk to groups of people and it was hard for me to stand up and speak, but it was important to be heard and I am thankful that I was given the chance to do so. It has become obvious that a lot of these groups share board members. A few people are on multiple boards, I heard talk from people Tuesday night that they feel the AZSFW is infiltrating different organizations. Well guess what,,,,we are allowing it. Why are we not part of these other organizations just so we can have a heads up on what is happening???? The ADA board stated many times that hunter apathy is there number one problem. I agree with them, I am strictly a Bow hunter, why did I not join the ABA; I should have especially now knowing that they are a member of the AZSFW. If we want to make changes and know what is going on we need to be involved even if it means being part of a group that we may not see eye to eye with. I was part of the Mule Deer Association a long time ago, I quit when I was not being heard or given a chance on many items. It’s a lot easier to join a group of people that you see eye to eye with; it sure would be a lot more fun! But I’m not sure that’s the best way to make a difference, so I am challenging all of us to try and make a difference. Even if it is just go to some of these board meetings and hear what is going on.

Now about HB2072, it was stated quite a few times that there were more than enough votes to get that thing thru. Given that does anyone really think that we have heard the last of it? Right now there are rumors that Suzanne is working on it behind the scenes. If we don’t stay on top of this, it will get thru and it will get thru soon. I’m sure the backers of this bill do not want to have to start from scratch and drum up votes again.

Mark

Mark, you could not be more on track. All of us need to get actively involved in 1 or more organizations.....if for nothing more than to know what is going on behind the scenes........I am going to contact AES today and become a member. If for nothing else, they and YVR&GC stood up and severed their ties with AZSFW. I have not be give a clear/concise/ answer on why conservation groups need to continue association/affiliation with AZSFW. Until an acceptable answer is given, I dont support any group that is still affiliated with AZSFW............Allen...............

just finished paying on-line for my AES membership. Everyone should go to their website, they have a special going on where you get a chance to win a rifle in a raffle. Any new membership gets a raffle ticket..........If nothing else, I applaud them for their recent actions...........Allen Taylor.........

Now about HB2072, it was state quite a few times that there were more than enough votes to get that thing thru. Given that does anyone really think that we have heard the last of it? Right now there are rumors that Suzanne is working on it behind the scenes. If we don’t stay on top of this, it will get thru and it will get thru soon. I’m sure the backers of this bill do not want to have to start from scratch and drum up votes again.

Mark

This is the most important thing for AZ residents to be acting on right now. You must realize that you don't need to wait for a new bill to be introduced before you contact your representatives. You should all be contacting them early and often, and make it clear that it is the idea that you disagree with, not the particular bill. Contacting a representative one time is not good enough. They need to be reminded over and over where sportsmen stand on the issue. Remember that those who will try to push something like this through will claim a large membership is backing them. Therefore, you need to be larger!!

I attended both meetings. I did not have much to say. due this all being new to me. I did not like what Ada had to say or better yet what they didn't say. I'm a regular Joe hunter like the rest of you guys/gals. The board could of made a vote that night. They chose to stick with what's best for them not the average Joe. Amanda thankyou very much for allowing our voice to be heard on your site. Ramon

• Like 1

just finished paying on-line for my AES membership. Everyone should go to their website, they have a special going on where you get a chance to win a rifle in a raffle. Any new membership gets a raffle ticket..........If nothing else, I applaud them for their recent actions...........Allen Taylor.........

I'm with ya Allen, I just finished signing up as well. It is nice that they made a stand for better or worse it is something to get behind.

I'm with ya Allen, I just finished signing up as well. It is nice that they made a stand for better or worse it is something to get behind.

I just joined up with AES to show my support. I sent them a little note when joining as well.

Anyone that is an ADA member... have you received an email asking how you stand on ADA supporting azsfw?

Kent

Someone must have spelt Koolaid on their keyboard, shorted the whole thing out...

I hate it when that happens...

Kent

• Like 1

Like I said....poop salesmen.

Why would they want you to pre-register to bid on the deer tag they are auctioning off? Is it so the handful of people that bid on this tag every year can be pre-warned if someone crashes their party?

Hamberlin buys a lot of these tags and is on the board of both groups that are pushing for more auctions. But that's not a conflict of interest?

Poop salesman

On the ADA website, I see nothing after the meeting Tuesday. The only thing I see is a raquest to forward comments on HB 2072 to Amanda. That request is just a little bit outdted.

It appears that communciation with the membership of the ADA has been dropped in the lap of Amanda. Right about now, I think that she is overburdened.

John, as President should be capable of drafting a letter to the entire membership and have it sent to the entire membership of the ADA.

At this time I will give them a break. They are focused on their banquet tomorrow as they should be. Let's wait until next week to really expect anything.

George

There is an article over at Fox News re the use of an online petition to grab the attention of a monolithic (i.e. non-profit organization out of touch) organization. I think a petition has the ability to let F&G and conservation organizations that 1000s of us in every state out West do not agree with abandoning the NA game model.

The SFW and its allies act as political lobbyists that whisper in the ear of other conservation non-profits boards and politicians saying the silver bullet is to hand over 100s of tags and the proceeds to SFW. I do not think what the SFW and its cronies are whispering reflects what many of us are shouting...do not turn over tags and their proceeds to an outside group, period.

The petition could be crisp and concise.

Here is a link to the article: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/02/25/online-petitions-crack-through-board-rooms-capitals/