COOSEFAN

Finally, its my turn!

It all started Thurs. A.M. I got two days off, sold my Prowler to my dad, bought a new Rhino, and drove straight North until I couldn't drive no more, all in one day. The next day I found my first set of the year and a broken antler from the rut. I hiked over 16 miles and only came up with some antique muley sheds over the next days. ALOT of bulls still wearing headgear, we didn't see any big bulls still with antlers, but there are some velvet antlered bulls already roaming the hills. Several with brow tines already! The set I found had already been chewed on by some dang critter, he got half the burr on one side and chewed several other spots as well. I ain't complaining, this set has incredible mass and the bases are almost 12" around the burr!!! Seems like everywhere you hike, someone had already been through there on a quad! I was hoping that hadn't started yet, but the quad guys have been tearing it up for a while. I sold my Prowler because it was too darn tall! It wouldn't fit into my enclosed trailer that I use for scouting, so it just wouldn't work for what I wanted. I should have measured it before, but My dad was going to buy one anyways. The Rhino is just as good and a lot shorter! There are still some big sheds out there somewhere, and alot of smaller sheds will be hitting the ground every day. Thanks, JIM

skinnersetsheds.jpg

skinner11.jpg

skinnersetonground.jpg

skinnerset22.jpg

muleyshed2.jpg

muleyshed.jpg

sheds008.jpg

These are my nephews, Cody and Tyler. Cody says," antlers are good at playing Hide and Go Seek!" He's the weirdo on the left.

tyancodwithsheds.jpg

I think I put too many pic's in the post or something? Came up wide rather than long?! Sorry.

Dude that is freakin awesome!! I LOVE the as they lay pics, that is sweet! I bet the boys had fun too.

That looks like a pretty good set. You know, you passed up a great opportunity to purchase a bigger toyhauler. ;) I know thats what I would have told my wife. David

Great set there and the 4 point with the palmated tine is pretty unique man. Also great muley sheds also. Looks like a good start to the season for you.

man pretty good looking sheds right there, and the as they lay pics are very nice fo sho! can't wait to get back out again and find some like that.

DAN

Thanks for the reply's. Shiras, that is a spike shed Cody is holding, I've walked over that shed several times in the past two years and never saw it till last weekend, it's at least that old. It was a good weekend but I sure would have thought we would have come up with more for the amount of hiking we did. I'm glad I found a brown set because I probably won't get out again for a long time. Good luck to you guys that do get out! Thanks, JIM.