I finally got around to mounting my coues deer in between my classes and shed hunting. Thought you all might like to see it. Turned out pretty good for my first taxidermy job.

post-553-1144206903.jpg

Another line on the resume! good Looking mount!

I have seen a couple bucks look just like that. After I unloaded my gun on them and they ran to the next county.

Great mount and very risky for your first ,Good job.

ehh, its ok, the antlers are kinda small, i would have waited to mount a bigger one :blink:

nicely done, never seen a coues mount with the mount open

I DIDN'T KNOW COUES BUGLED..............WHO KNEW!!??!!?? ;) JK

THAT'S COOL YOU MOUNTED YOURSELF. HOW HARD WAS IT AND HOW LONG DID IT TAKE?

Excellent work Becker, and a very unique mount. Ive been wanting to get into taxidermy just for my own personal stuff. Did you take classes? I'd really like some more info if you can.

Based on that one pic, looks like you did a heck of a job and to start out on an open mouth mount, very brave :D

I haven't taken any classes or anything. My father does some work on the side, and I have been working at Chuck Meacham Taxidermy, learning secret info there. I put the mount tegether in a day. Then modeled the inside of the mouth one day in an hour or so. Then painted it another day for a couple hours. It was kind of a long process just because I was working on it inbetween school and work and hunting. :D I am looking foward to my next mount!!!