hunter harassment law

Like Timothy Treadwell, they think that because their hearts are pure and their motives are beyond reproach, that no harm will befall them.

Right On!!!

I was on a speed goat hunt a few years ago in 19b and had a lady chase off the buck I was after.

I was on my belly about 50 yards from this Pronghorn and all the sudden hear this yelling and shaking sound. Needless to say the buck ran off and as I look up I see this lady in pink spandex running at the buck and I with a empty milk jug full of rocks!!! After exchanging a few choice words she told me that it wasn't Pronghorn season and that I was gonna hurt that buck.

I informed her that it WAS season, but she was right, I wasn't gonna hurt that buck, I was gonna KILL it!!! Game and Fish got involved but seems they couldn't do a thing about it???

I must say I particularly like this block

? Erect barriers to wildlife areas or vandalize hunter vehicles or property.

I had several stands set up this year that were about 200 yards away from each other and was sitting one of them. I saw some people walk by and thought nothing of the ordeal since the area I hunt is frequented by birders. A few minutes later I hear noises of metal clanging. I got down out of the stand and ran over to see what was going on and found three individuals tearing the stand out of the tree. The stand was chained up and locked at the top but was being dismantled from the tree at the bottom. The individuals tore the stand down and discarded the pieces by throwing them around the area. I ended up following the three back to the road where their vehicle was. Along the way, I was calling the Sheriffs department and G&F to meet me at the vehicles. We got back to the vehicles and I reported the incident to the Sheriff and he talked to the individuals. Needless to say nothing was done about the issue. Luckily, I found all of the pieces to the stand and it is still operational. the only part that was broken was the support bar from the ladder to the tree and that can be replaced.

I AM GLAD THAT SOMEONE IS FINALLY TRYING TO STAND UP FOR US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brian

i don't think there will ever be any enforcement. just another law, like the border laws, that won't be enforced. that's why i posted the article. a few years ago we were elk hunting under the rim in 27. every morning a bunch of the wolf "professionals" would walk off some of the trails and shoot guns and set of firecrackers to get the elk runnin'. these were federal employees. i reported it to a coule azgfd rabbit pigs and they just laughed a little. after i got real mad they just rode away. cops enforce what's easy. there's too many laws now. adding some more won't do anything unless there is enforcement behind it. Lark.

Maybe if they were arrested you could sue them in civil court for the cost of your hunt plus the years spent applying, but just arresting them won't do anything, they don't care if they are arrested, their supporters would look up to them for standing for what they believe in, not for wrecking what we believe in.

These fools should consider that many of the hunters they interfere with could be on prime hunts. They migh be pretty P O'd (justifiably so) after applying for years and using all the bonus points to get in position and have some liberal "anti" screw up their efforts and planning. I would be inclined to forgive a such hunter if they extracted a few pounds of flesh from the interferors.

I agree with Lark, this will never be enforced. I had a run-in with some daisy sniffers a few years ago and called Game and Fish. The weasel who took my call obviously had sympathies towards them and it went nowhere.

When the tree huggers have infiltrated G&F we are in trouble.

You could always send an arrow or round in their vicinity with no intentions to hit them of course. Make sure you're really really careful and don't hit em'. You know, just a warning to get the heck out of there or there might just be a good ol' country butt whooping coming their way. That could be a new way of enforcing the law. :ph34r:

i have a friend (yes i do have one) who always says, "fire one warning shot, right between their eyes". Lark.

You could always send an arrow or round in their vicinity with no intentions to hit them of course. Make sure you're really really careful and don't hit em'.  You know, just a warning to get the heck out of there or there might just be a good ol' country butt whooping coming their way.  That could be a new way of enforcing the law.    :ph34r:

I was thinking the same words when I read this thread. . .. amen brother. . . and if you glance one into them. . . well thats what they get for not being home minding their own business! Thats why we all carry blunt tips LOL!

They want you to be confrontational with them so they can record you and even better if you fling one in their direction. I read a story in outdoor life years ago and there was a hunting group in Idaho I believe, and the antis had made life miserable for them the previous year so they had one guy go in opening day and all the anti's followed him , well he hiked them into the wilderness 8 miles and then camped! :ph34r: , they had nothing to wear or sleep in and the morning came and he hiked back out, but his buddies were all out that morning and they had one huge deer drive with the first guy and the antis on the way out, they killed more deer that morning than they had for several years if I remember right, all thanks to the antis deer drive to get back to their cars after a long night. Make it work against them and they quit doing it. AG

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they do this a few years back up near Forest Lakes/ Heber? If I remember the story I heard right, there were two guys out there doing this same stuff. One had cooking pots, and the other had a video camera. The cameraman would hang back while the other one would walk towards a hunter banging the pots. The cameraman was supose to film the "angery hunter" and get him throwing the first punch on film. When he did, they would get him in court. It just about worked until the judge noticed the pots on the groud. :lol:

Either way I do hope they will enforce this law. But then again I wish they would enforce the road hunting "law" too. :ph34r:

i'm real sure there are federal laws, and i'm thinking state laws, already, that cover this. no one can legally harrass anyone who is legally hunting or fishing. but they seldom enforce it. some years back they threw some folks in the poky for interfering with a yellowstone buffalo migration hunt. but only after it got to where they couldn't even hunt. when we had the trouble in 27, it was illegal. but nobody cared. best thing is to handle it yourself i guess. Lark.