Sign in to follow this  
Bones

Where to hunt?

I am looking for a spot to start bowhunting for Coues and Mule deer for the upcoming season. I know there is a ton of public land to hunt. I live in Avondale and I am looking for somewhere to go within an hour drive. Can any one suggest a great spot? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

The estrellas, or the white tanks, we need to know what direction his house is facing before giving out the specifics, I don't know about coues there though

Ok now you went and gave him a honey hole and he was just looking for a general area.

Bones, the problem is the one hour drive part, bowhuntinmaniac did give you a couple of spots to hunt, the white tanks have some very good mule deer, but they are tough to find. Good Luck

You are on a website asking for advice instead of actually gathering data and scouting for yourself and you think I am over priced..........take into consideration that I actually have scouted and hunted the very areas that I told you about.

Remember that when you pay for a guided hunt, you pay for the guide's knowlege and experience of not just the animal you are pursueing, but also the area you are hunting.

With that said, try getting out and scouting yourself, you wont get anymore help from me.

not a very good idea to join a site, ask for advice and then talk smack to the people who are giving it to you :lol: . good response bowhuntinmaniac, most people wouldn't have been so nice.

A Newbie comes on here asking for help, he says "any help would be greatly appreciated". Six suggestions were given (Kiabab, Estrallas, White Tanks, Around Payson, South of Maricopa, and unit 45). The Newbie comes back here and flames the people that gave him the suggestions. Funny way of showing his appreciation?

I guess this is why people don't like e-scouters and don't like giving out info to newbies.

Bones,

Don't listen to these good ole boys. Go west on I 10 to Salome road go north a few miles. nothing but 110 inch whitetail and some great snipe hunting.

Bob