Sign in to follow this  
couesdeerhntr

Access to 4a/4b

Was wondering if there is any way to get into4a/4b from the 260?have a place in heber and want to do some scouting before the turkey season hunt. main roads are usually closed. I think u can from the north end but not sure and i dont really want to have to drive to north side with the gas prices so high

I remember few years ago on my buddies turkey hunt 300 was still closed but a road not to far from that little sheriff station a road was open and we followed it all the way back to his spot in 4a. Can't remember road number sorry. We just saw it was open got the map out and followed it. I remember from dirt road we ended up getting on an old paved road old hwy maybe.

maybe check FS 504 across from circle K that will take you to chevlon crossing and from there you can catch that old highway that goes from winslow to 300 rim rd. not sure how much or where they'll have blocked off, but hey since you're there you can do some night callin!

James

That sounds like the way we went and it was open the whole way when the 300 road was still closed but that was a few years ago. 300 wasn't closed because off snow just alot of trees down across the road they didn't have cleared out if I remember right.

just hike in from the 260! Some of the best turkey hunting is within a mile or 2 of that road.

I agree. Most of the canyons off the 260 have birds.

Several years ago the parked at the little parking lot off the SR260 (across from the Young Road turnoff) and walked the tail to the backside of willow springs. There with alot of snow on the ground but saw two large flocks of turkeys withing several hundred yards of each other. I dont remember seeing toms but they are definiatly there.