Sign in to follow this  
Elkhunter1

Water catchment 37B day one

After an unexpected meeting at the shop, I stopped at the house to get my son. We stopped to get provisions and headed up to the project. As we arrived we could see there was a large amount of work that had already been done. My son and I was eager to get started, it didn't take long to get our hands dirty.

You tell me "who is in charge?"

My son Mychal or

post-5396-0-44322200-1331351073_thumb.jpg

Ben Brochu Project Manager

post-5396-0-84663900-1331351113_thumb.jpg

post-5396-0-89546300-1331351157_thumb.jpg

post-5396-0-49942700-1331351199_thumb.jpg

post-5396-0-76580100-1331351239_thumb.jpg

post-5396-0-98508200-1331351284_thumb.jpg

post-5396-0-47356300-1331351327_thumb.jpg

Although my son and I was only able to work for four hours, I can honestly say I will sleep good this week knowing I helped our wildlife. I can also say I am very proud of my son, he worked the entire time without taking a sit down break or asking, "when are we done." In-fact he was kinda upset when I told him we had to head back into Tucson so I could attend the Forest Service meeting on the road adjustments for the Santa Catalina District. Thank you Mychal for the great pics that tell the story. Thank you Amanda for posting this opportunity to help AZGFD.

Stephen - I saw you guys heading south on Oracle rd. while I was towing the 5th wheel north. Just about near the In and Out burger shop. Nice photos and I hope the FS meeting went well.

Stephen - I saw you guys heading south on Oracle rd. while I was towing the 5th wheel north. Just about near the In and Out burger shop. Nice photos and I hope the FS meeting went well.

I was looking for CWT'ers on our way out. I do remember seeing a fifth-wheel at about that point.

I watched all of the CAT Team members go back and forth on the merits of each road and I was surprised that there was a couple of ideas talked about that the FS didn't think of that they might incorporate. It was also comical in the fact they spent 20 minutes to end the meeting with more meetings to come. I will post the date and time of the next one so we can get our point on the record. I am also getting a set of maps from the FS to study so I can better educate myself on what they are planning in unit 33.

Nice job giving back. 37b in spots is dry arid country. The critters will appreciate that source of H2o.

Maybe the hey day of bruiser muleys will return and a few coues too...

Azp&y

Nice job giving back. 37b in spots is dry arid country. The critters will appreciate that source of H2o.

Maybe the hey day of bruiser muleys will return and a few coues too...

Azp&y

That would be the iceing on the cake for my son and I, just knowing we helped is enough for now.

Thanks for sharing some pictures Stephen. I would have liked to have met you and Mychalb but I didn't get there til friday night. Thanks for helping out on the project and showing your son what goes on behind the scene. There are alot of hunters out there that need to know the hard work azgfd puts in to helping our wildlife in this great state of ours. Thanks again for your work on the project and I look forward to seeing some stories of Mychal's hunts. :)

TJ

I was looking for CWT'ers on our way out. I do remember seeing a fifth-wheel at about that point.

I watched all of the CAT Team members go back and forth on the merits of each road and I was surprised that there was a couple of ideas talked about that the FS didn't think of that they might incorporate. It was also comical in the fact they spent 20 minutes to end the meeting with more meetings to come. I will post the date and time of the next one so we can get our point on the record. I am also getting a set of maps from the FS to study so I can better educate myself on what they are planning in unit 33.

I was E-mailed yesterday with the details of the next meeting and I would like to get a strong CWT.com presence there to-nite, Yes I know it is short notice but I posted in the campfire forum last nite. Here is the information on where and when.

We are looking forward to the continuation of the March 8 discussion tomorrow at our follow up Santa Catalina CAT Meeting on Tuesday, March 13. Sign-in will begin at 5:15 p.m. The location for our follow up Santa Catalina CAT Meeting on Tuesday, March 13 will be the Tucson Interagency Fire Center located at 2646 E. Commerce Place, Tucson, AZ. All of the March 13 meeting will be a CAT Meeting given that the Information Session on the Santa Catalina District was completed at the March 8 workshop.