These D-bags are never going to give up?

Nope. They won't go away. They have a 6 figure lobbyist on their side, who has a great deal to gain if AZSFW gets what they want. More than likely they will get their way, because they are going to fight harder than us. I am sure they have devised a new plan to super gloss Hb2072 as to what a great economical boost it will be for Arizonan's, as well as the wildlife. I'll bet the state legislators will bite...hook...line...and....sinker! Sad but true!

I think we also need to establish a separate task team to work on "retiring" the groups that actively work to victimize public land hunters in Arizona. We need to work on solutions to publicly denounce any groups or businesses that support groups like the AZSFW and AZSFWC. These groups are a headwind for Arizona conservation and public hunt opportunity. They exist by propogating misinformation, they will die once they are outed as unworthy of the public trust. I have some ideas and will share with some of you all privately at the 3/22 meeting, we need to cut the head off this snake as soon as possible. It makes me sick to think people are actually being paid a big salary to misreprsesent the interests of the hunting majority and are subsidized by license plate money from unsuspecting Arizona residents. They are hoping the buzz from the draw results will steer attention from this issue, that isnt going to happen.

One more thing. Many have expressed that hunters shouldnt be fighting or "attacking" other hunters. Well I have a different view on things. The people behind this tag theft are not primarily hunters, they are primarily business people that make their living from hunting. They are no more worthy of special treatment than Walmart or Best Buy. If Walmart wanted to fund their outdoor marketing program by strong arming tags away from the public we would be picketing in front of their stores. The parent organization for AZSFW (Sportsman for Wildlife) is a multi-million dollar organization with multi-million dollar sponsors. We need to make it economically imprudent for outdoor businesses to be cavorting with groups that exist for no purpose other than to further the overcommercialization of hunting. Average Joes DO have a choice and they need to start choosing companies that have their long term interest in mind and spending their money there.

We also need to stay on the legislator campaign, NOW IS THE WORST POSSIBLE TIME TO GET LAZY ON THIS. WE NEED EVERYONE TO MOBILIZE RIGHT NOW!

Ryan

Good post Ryan.

Here is mine from the other thread.

After seeing the info about tonight's meeting and hearing about supporters calling the legislators I decided to make a few more calls today to Representatives and Senators. To say I was confused would be an understatement. I talked to a couple of people about HB2072 and any derivative of the bill looking for information on how they stood. This is where I got confused.

I was told that there was info sent to legislators showing that 17 member groups of AZSFW were in favor (supportive) of the bill. I look at the list of AZSFW members and then read back on my emails from some of those groups and threads on the internet that those groups posted letters and I see that many of the groups sent out info that they do not support the bill.

Do the leaders of these groups know that a lobbyist is at the capital telling legislators that they support the bill even though the board and members at large have voted to oppose the bill? Maybe we as members of those groups need to ask them to talk to the lobbyist and have her refrain from using the groups name or better yet write something to all the legislators that they in fact don't support the legislation. I have talked to some of the supporters that are using the 17 member group number and they keep telling me that no one used anyones name to bolster support. Maybe the info that these legislators had was wrong.

The other fact I can't wrap my head around is that the legislators have not even read the bill. The ones I talked to today had the AZSFW fact sheet in their hands when we were talking. They know that people have been calling in opposition and support but haven't taken the time to read the bill. They don't know the rest of the facts. The ones that AZSFW left out of their fact sheet.

Thanks go out to runningbird who took the time to hand deliver a truer fact sheet to all the legislators.

Then I heard that a group that I have dealt with in the past became a supporter of the concept of the bill. I called that group and asked if it was true. I was told by many of their board members that they did no such thing.

At this point I don't know who to trust anymore. I don't know who to support in the future. If by representing me you tell people that I support something when I don't, how can I trust you. Obviously I have become one of the sheeple that don't know what is good for me.

Steve (confused sheeple)

Two Great Post! I would not be surprised if Thursday night someone from AZSFW is at the meeting handing out a new revised bill or fact sheet (full of more lies). If so I think we should tear it up and drop it at their feet.

The other fact I can't wrap my head around is that the legislators have not even read the bill. The ones I talked to today had the AZSFW fact sheet in their hands when we were talking. They know that people have been calling in opposition and support but haven't taken the time to read the bill. They don't know the rest of the facts.

They never read any of the bills. They figure out which bills to support by how many votes they are likely to get or lose. The only thing that is important to a politician is getting re-elected enough times to qualify for pension and life long benefits.

The other fact I can't wrap my head around is that the legislators have not even read the bill. The ones I talked to today had the AZSFW fact sheet in their hands when we were talking. They know that people have been calling in opposition and support but haven't taken the time to read the bill. They don't know the rest of the facts.

They never read any of the bills. They figure out which bills to support by how many votes they are likely to get or lose. The only thing that is important to a politician is getting re-elected enough times to qualify for pension and life long benefits.

This is how Weiers got burned in the first place. By the way, we have invited him to the G&F meeting Thursday night.

we gave them a copy of Ryan's report and added a few things. I can not figure out how to get it off our computer onto a post. I did however figure out how to receive your mass emails, one small step at a time.

Mark

i'd be happy if my reps would return a call - left several mesages - the yhave real nice office help to which i have explained things too.