Sign in to follow this  
kidso

Any Spring Bear Sign Yet?

I was under the rim on Sunday. I saw some old sign, but nothing from this year. I was really suprised at the lack of old sign. I put a camra out on a spring I found. Hopefully it's still there in a couple of weeks. If it is I hope there are a few Turkey and Bears on it. I think it will be a great spot for the Archery Spring 22 Hunt!

Adam

We found 1 Brown 5 point. There was a lot of fresh and week old sign. I was suprised we didn't find more. I'm suprised at the amount of Bulls that are still carying there horns. I would have thought most would have dropped by now.

Adam

i need to go where ever pete is going. i have been out a lot. no bear tracks. the bull elk i saw still had their antlers. the 2x3 coes still had his. besdies the deer and elk i called in a couple of foxes. i was at 6600 ft.

Placed a few cameras today and stayed up high, around 6600 feet. No bear sign, no lion sign, just a lot of deep, dry, dusty ruts in the road...and tons of guys on quads out hunting for antlers. It was still fun.

Any new reports of fresh sign? I'm headed out this weekend to do some Turkey scouting and hopefully find a lonely Bear:)

Adam

I walked 10-14 miles between sat & sun shed hunting and no fresh Bear sign. I found a spot that would have been awesome last year. It's a spot that I will definatly be looking at this year. Hopefully I get a bear while turky hunting.

Adam