Sign in to follow this  
kidso

Any Spring Bear Sign Yet?

Hi, I haven't been able to get out yet this spring, but have seen several of you mention in other threads that you were out for OTC bear this weekend in unit 22 or 23. Has anyone found any fresh spring bear sign or spotted any bears yet this new season in any unit? Any shed hunters come across any bears out of hibernation yet? Hope to get out soon, but you all know how often turns out. I'd like to set some trail cams out for bear in the next two weeks if luck is with me. Hope to hear some good reports. Thanks.

Wondering the same thing Keith (You know me from another forum, crittergetter) I've been out shed hunting but havent seen any bear sign (6a). Goin spring bear hunting in alberta though in about 4 weeks!

great timing on this thread. I've been out puttin up cameras for turkey and haven't seen any bear sign. I was wondering if any one else was seeing them on their cameras, or while shed hunting. Several cameras in unit 23 and 6a. Thanxs for any sightings...Ill post any good pics I get in a few weeks.

great timing on this thread. I've been out puttin up cameras for turkey and haven't seen any bear sign. I was wondering if any one else was seeing them on their cameras, or while shed hunting. Several cameras in unit 23 and 6a. Thanxs for any sightings...Ill post any good pics I get in a few weeks.

I'm NOT turkey hunting, so I'll let you know if I find any turkey sign. When is the turkey hunt? Does it oerlap with the archery spring tag bear hunt?

I'm NOT turkey hunting, so I'll let you know if I find any turkey sign. When is the turkey hunt? Does it oerlap with the archery spring tag bear hunt?

Yes the draw turkey and the otc archery turkey hunts do overlap with the bear hunts. There are turkey hunts from april 20th until may 24th. Yea for the otc archery turkey hunts this year. Don't have to drive to NM.

I heard from our local WM about a Bear (boar) being taken in 24A. So some are out.

I have heard of one little bear that several people have seen but I have yet to see a track myself.

Aaron

I heard from our local WM about a Bear (boar) being taken in 24A. So some are out.

I feel like Ace Ventura in "Dumb and Dumber"....so your saying there is a chance.... Time to put out the cameras on Good Friday. Hopefully, it will be Good!

Easter Weekend typically we can start finding blow outs up high on the south side of the mountains, but it wont be another 6 weeks till I can get to the river and start baiting. But this info may not help you since your in Arizona lol!

Last year towards the end of the Spring bear hunt I had a bruiser coming in for the last 2 weeks to a water source. He came in every evening at 7:00 pm exact. We sat there the last 3 days and never seen him. I have the worst luck with bears (VERY BAD LUCK).

I was out on Saturday and cut 6 different sets of bear tracks,and 2 sets of lion tracks. I was at about 4800-5300 ft.They are out in my area.