Sign in to follow this  
Willyhunts2

Who didn't draw?

I just found out i was billed 146.90$ on March 31st,,,,,,,, and151.23$ on April 2nd (about the cost of a non-res hunting license) but already had a resident hunting license purchased prior to submitting all of my info. What could this be? ??? does AZGFD screw up sometimes when it comes to billing???

Are u sure it was from the arizona game and fish? Thats just weird

The wife ran the credit card by accident at nordstroms, her hair salon, and dinner for her and her friends,,,,,,, what a tease!!

Another year with no tag, not to be negative, but i put in for the october rifle hunt which i was told by several guides i was basically guaranteed for with 10points, and NOTHING. Meanwhile my buddy with 1or 2 points gets drawn for the same hunt 3 out of 5 years. How is this possible??!! To say bonus points mean anything is a joke!!! I am slowly loosing confidence in this system the AZGFD has set up.

anyone else feel the same way?? Now im done venting :)

Resident or NON?

6A Mid Bull (late Oct) was 100% draw for residents last year with 10 pts.

Yes that's the hunt and last year 10 Pts got a tag, so who knows what happened? Unless folks with more points in for it.

Life goes on I'm over it. Stay safe

I always thought Colorado's system was a bit kooky until I became a resident here. Now I truely think it's amazing. It's a true preference point system. Whoever has the most gets the tag. Makes planning and clearing your schedule a bit nicer as well. They also have a hybrid for high demand hunts that gives those with less than max points a chance.

Pretty cool.

Should az change over?

I always thought Colorado's system was a bit kooky until I became a resident here. Now I truely think it's amazing. It's a true preference point system. Whoever has the most gets the tag. Makes planning and clearing your schedule a bit nicer as well. They also have a hybrid for high demand hunts that gives those with less than max points a chance.

Pretty cool.

Should az change over?

Absolutely not. I would rather have a chance to get drawn every year and be disappointed than know for a fact that I was going to have to wait 15 years for a tag. How miserable would that be.

I just found out i was billed 146.90$ on March 31st,,,,,,,, and151.23$ on April 2nd (about the cost of a non-res hunting license) but already had a resident hunting license purchased prior to submitting all of my info. What could this be? ??? does AZGFD screw up sometimes when it comes to billing???

Are u sure it was from the arizona game and fish? Thats just weird

The wife ran the credit card by accident at nordstroms, her hair salon, and dinner for her and her friends,,,,,,, what a tease!!

Another year with no tag, not to be negative, but i put in for the october rifle hunt which i was told by several guides i was basically guaranteed for with 10points, and NOTHING. Meanwhile my buddy with 1or 2 points gets drawn for the same hunt 3 out of 5 years. How is this possible??!! To say bonus points mean anything is a joke!!! I am slowly loosing confidence in this system the AZGFD has set up.

anyone else feel the same way?? Now im done venting :)

Time to find some guides that know what they're talking about. Unless you're applying for Limited Op. hunt or a cow tag, there are no October rifle elk hunts that are guaranteed with 10 points. The closest you can come for a guaranteed early rifle bull tag is 14 points in 6B.

EASY TRIGGER!! I said the October hunt not the early hunt. The october hunt is a four day hunt at the end of the month with 150 permits, rather than me finding new guides, or should i say friends; its time open the regs and know what your talking about.

Stay safe

Pretty cool.

Should az change over?

Absolutely not. I would rather have a chance to get drawn every year and be disappointed than know for a fact that I was going to have to wait 15 years for a tag. How miserable would that be.

Yeah,If you are the type that likes those once every 15 years tags then might not be the best for you. There is so much elk opportunity here compared to AZ. Maybe only 3 units that are that high of demand. Like I said you still have a chance in those trophy units.

Pretty cool.

Should az change over?

Nope i think it works fine if you wanna hunt elk the opportunity is there to go every 2 to 3 years if they went to a true pref point system it would still be 15+ years to draw a trophy bull tag with a gun. I like it being a lottery just some have more tickets then others.