Sign in to follow this  
bowsniper

Finally Drew an Antelope Tag

Finally with 16 bonus points, my credit card got hit for an antelope tag. I hate to retire my 7 year old faithful PSE, but it has always been pretty noisy on release, even with a heavy arrow.

Anyway, since I've been out of the bow market for a long time, I could use some suggestions for a nice quiet bow (or brand). My only other requirements are that it needs to be available in a 31" draw length, and reasonable forgiving, 7 to 7.5" brace.

Thanks!

Mark

Do you really have a 31" draw? I would suggest going in to Ross Outdoors and having those guys fit you again just to be sure. I worked in an archery pro shop for a few years in college and found that 90% of people are shooting a bow that's to long for them, especially these days when a string loop and release are pretty much standard for everyone. I've only seen a couple people that are truly a 31" draw, and they were big dudes. You can't go wrong with any of the major companies. This neck of the woods seems to be PSE country, but anything from Hoyt, mathews, or bowtech would be a good way to go. Try them all out and see what you like. Pay attention to how the draw cycle feels to you and how it feels upon release. They're all quiet these days, and all pretty fast, so don't get hung up on particulars, just find one that feels good to you. Good luck with the goat tag, what unit?

Congrats on your tag. The PSE Vendetta goes to 32" and has a 7" BH and the Evo 7 is also 7" BH and goes to 31" They are both very quiet. If you are in the market shoot a variety of bow brands and find out what is best for you.

Congrats on the tag Mark. I don't think you can go wrong with any new bows. Try out lots of diff models then decide.

I haven't seen you in years and thought I would say hi.. If you go over to Archery Headquarters to try new bows give Steve and me a yell and we can meet you there and shoot some.

Kirk

Thanks for your comments. I'll double check my draw length. I'm 6'4" so my draw length is up there somewhere.

Kirk - great to hear from you buddy! Long time no see. Let's keep in touch!

Mark

I would suggest checking out the Z9, I have a 'large man' buddy who loves his. I have a CRX32 and it is as close to silent as you can get. The CRX35 or the Vector 35 would be good choices (BH on the CRX is longer than the Vector).

Mathews Bows!!!! 16 points for an archery tag? That is depressing, that's how may points I have and I was hoping for a rifle tag. Maybe I should be putting in for archery tags. What unit did you get a tag in?

Long axel to axel is what u should look for cause of your height, not sayin you wont find what your lookn for in the major brands but dont settle for one. I see and know alot of taller archers and they rarely shoot the big named bows. Alot of High Country, Elite... all because they want the length to stabilize their frame

TH - 16 points should pretty much give you the pick of archery tags. It looks like you may be within 1-2 years of a muzzy hunt and 3-4 of rifle tags. This does not account for point creep and remember you always have a chance outside of the bonus pool. I have 9 points and kind of have to decide if I am going to stick it out for a rifle tag or go ahead and cash out with an archery tag in the next few years. Hmmm.