Sign in to follow this  
desertbowhunter

First big game picture with my son

This picture is really special to me. Its the first big game animal I killed that my son was able to be in the picture with me. Let's see those pictures you've taken with your kids that really mean something to you.

post-2923-0-87056600-1333854656_thumb.jpg

That is an AWESOME pic!! It will be soon that he will be the one in the pic with his tagged animal.

Yeah I can't wait for that day to come. He will be 1 next week and I can't believe how fast it has gone by. So I'm excited for him to be 10 but at the same time I want to enjoy him while he's still a baby I'm sure everyone with kids understands what I mean. They are very special and make you see life in a totally different way. But I know when that day comes for him to pull the trigger on an animal I will be a nervous wreck!

Made me stop and thing about the great times I have had with my son.

it only get better theres alot more good times ahead..

Great job.

Thanks for sharing desertbowhunter. Memory making is the best part of any hunt. Great picture. :)

TJ

DBHunter this is great!!!

As TJ said "Memory making is the best part of any hunt."

Hold your kids close and instill good values in them at an early age.

They will grow up with an appreciation for life and the outdoors and you will sleep well knowing that you have done a good job.

You are are on the right track.

Congratulations.

this is my archery kill in december in unit 21. my boy just turned 1 in November so it was a late bday present from his proud daddy.

Awesome I really like those pictures! Congratulations on the buck and your baby boy!

Not quite as young as yours because I got a late start hunting. Still cool to see the changes.

post-1571-0-85055800-1334091612_thumb.jpg

post-1571-0-96502400-1334092506_thumb.jpg

post-1571-0-41562900-1334092162_thumb.jpg

post-1571-0-79511000-1334092365_thumb.jpg

great photos in with the families. and especially all SMILES!!

Great photos! I have pictures like you have but with my own dad. That is was hunting is all about. I think we all forget about just making great memories with family and friends. Sometimes we get to caught up in killing the biggest and baddest buck or bull out there. We all want the big one but it's nice to just sit back and enjoy the ride sometimes. I can't wait to have photos like you have with my own son.

ya for sure!! before he was born it was me and my wife headed out after work and before work all the time even when she was about to pop, i had her out there bouncing around looking for wildlife with me. and i was always about bigger is always better but since we had our little boy, i have seen the big smile on his face and his eyes light up when he sees daddy or uncle or anyone that has an animal down. He loves to pet them and hold antlers lol. he will be out there when archery deer comes around and during elk season also. Being outdoors with him and the wife has given me some of my best memories. i cannot wait till me and him can go thru the hunters ed class and then put him in.