coueshunter

Arizona Deer Association

Who can/will volunteer their time for the ADA? ADA needs help with board members, committee members etc. I have seen alot of discussion about "problems with AZGFD" and thought maybe somebody would step up to Muley62's request for volunteers to help with ADA. Talking on the computer is one thing, donating a $100.00 for a membership is another thing, but where the real sportsman/sportswomen can shine and help wildlife is donating time. Most of the prior board members end up burning out and with all the people on this board, hopefully some can step up and get involved with ADA. Thanks again to Amanda, Stanley, Muley62, wetmule, .270 and the others that donate time/money to our AZ wildlife............Allen.........

I volunteer to be the public relations and youth hunter representative for the organization.

Who can/will volunteer their time for the ADA? ADA needs help with board members, committee members etc. I have seen alot of discussion about "problems with AZGFD" and thought maybe somebody would step up to Muley62's request for volunteers to help with ADA. Talking on the computer is one thing, donating a $100.00 for a membership is another thing, but where the real sportsman/sportswomen can shine and help wildlife is donating time. Most of the prior board members end up burning out and with all the people on this board, hopefully some can step up and get involved with ADA. Thanks again to Amanda, Stanley, Muley62, wetmule, .270 and the others that donate time/money to our AZ wildlife............Allen.........

Allen, I will give Muley62 a call tomorrow and talk to him about the youth director--or whatever he calls it.

Terry

"SARCASM...............one of the fine services I offer."

CHD, Your signature suits you well! :o :D :)

Allen, your post is admirable and is the TRUTH! Hopefully there are people who have the time and ability to step up, it's hard in this day and age to pull away from family and work and those that do contribute their time and money should be applauded for all they do! To make an honest effort to give back to this sport and especially to the wildlife, in any form, constitutes being a REAL sportsman in my mind. Thanks to all the REAL sportsmen out there! Jim

Terry,

If you are serious that would be really great!!, you can call Chris or get a hold of Amanda or pm me for more details. Stan did an absolute fantastic job of running the ADA youth program and he will be sorely missed. The youth program is an important part of the ADA and for it to be in limbo without a leader would be a shame.

CHD maybe you can take a youth hunting and show him Toroweap, get the youngin a big ol' buck and write an article about the hunt for the DEER TIMES ? ? What do you think, I'll even show up.

Sadly Stan didn't get a whole lot of support for his efforts, but the truth is the ADA doesn't get a whole lot of support from its members in any of its endeavors. Fortunately we have a few guys and gals that fight the good fight (that have jobs & families) and still manage to get a heck of alot done. The ADA has earned a reputation for not backing down from any issue when we feel it's warranted and I'm sure that mantra will continue. One thing that is for sure IMO if hunters don't get involved and somehow get somewhat united as it relates to hunting and wildlife, you will have issues decided for you by those in power that you more than likely will not agree with.

Terry,

If you are serious that would be really great!!, you can call Chris or get a hold of Amanda or pm me for more details. Stan did an absolute fantastic job of running the ADA youth program and he will be sorely missed. The youth program is an important part of the ADA and for it to be in limbo without a leader would be a shame.

CHD maybe you can take a youth hunting and show him Toroweap, get the youngin a big ol' buck and write an article about the hunt for the DEER TIMES ? ? What do you think, I'll even show up.

Sadly Stan didn't get a whole lot of support for his efforts, but the truth is the ADA doesn't get a whole lot of support from its members in any of its endeavors. Fortunately we have a few guys and gals that fight the good fight (that have jobs & families) and still manage to get a heck of alot done. The ADA has earned a reputation for not backing down from any issue when we feel it's warranted and I'm sure that mantra will continue. One thing that is for sure IMO if hunters don't get involved and somehow get somewhat united as it relates to hunting and wildlife, you will have issues decided for you by those in power that you more than likely will not agree with.

I am serious! Chris has joined a group that i needed help with and i think a good payback would be to help his (your)ADA.

I will PM you in the morning..

Allen, this post is spot on! Even though the vast majority of folks on this site (and others...) have heard this plea before, it's critical to not let the topic die.

Kevin, thanks for the words. Even though I'm pulling back on the level of my involvement, I'm not going to disappear. Also I won't let the ADA youth program wither in the meantime. I took on the job, and I'll continue to try to keep things afloat in the interim. I'm also actively trying to recruit some youth support in the background so who ever ends-up leading the charge will hopefully have a support network to draw on (I'm planning be an on-going part of the network....). I'll send an update to the board soon on this so everyone knows what?s up.

Chris (CHD), you are going to be part of this youth program buddy! Come this fall & winter, I'm going to relentlessly harass you until you show-up at one of our youth camps! :o :) Just so you know, it's not all kiddy stuff at these camps. Good campfire discussions with the local Wildlife Managers are the norm (and sometimes a couple of beers after the kids go to bed.... :D ). I'm going to look at you as one of my special projects, and I won't be done until I've converted you. ;)

Best of luck in the draws all!

S

Chris (CHD), you are going to be part of this youth program buddy! Come this fall & winter, I'm going to relentlessly harass you until you show-up at one of our youth camps! :o :) Just so you know, it's not all kiddy stuff at these camps. Good campfire discussions with the local Wildlife Managers are the norm (and sometimes a couple of beers after the kids go to bed.... :D ). I'm going to look at you as one of my special projects, and I won't be done until I've converted you. ;)

Best of luck in the draws all!

S

Amen....Right on Stanley ;)

Allen,

Thanks for making this thread and thanks for all you do for wildlife and hunting. You always have some thoughtful comments and help keep hunters informed on issues. And thanks for your work on the ADA hunter clinics.

Stan, glad to hear you are going to keep helping the youth. I will second what everyone else has said that the youth program under your leadership was outstanding and the ADA has huge shoes to fill with a replacement for you.

For those of you that want to get more involved, the ADA is holding it's annual members meeting next week. Although we don't get a lot of members showing up for those meetings, it is a good chance to come and talk to board members and find out more about what the ADA needs and what help you might be able to offer. That is how Stan got involved! :unsure:

Meeting details:

June 6, 2006 6:30 pm

Burch & Crachiolo Law Offices

702 E. Osborn Rd. #20

Phoenix, AZ

Northeast corner of 7th St. and Osborn

If anyone wants more info on the ADA, you can visit our website www.azdeer.org

Or like wetmule said, you can PM or email him or Muley62 or myself. The more people that get involved the better!

Amanda

Allen, Stanley, Amanda, muley62, et al - As most people know, my home situation doesn't allow me to commit to regular meetings, out of town travel, etc.

That being said, my offer stands to ADA (and any AZ hunting organization) in regards to helping with communications, newsletters, press releases, editing, etc. Writing is not only something I can do, but something that I am reasonably good at. If I can help in that capacity, PLEASE don't hesitate to contact me.

Marshall

Marshall,

We are currently in need of having an article written about the hunter survey the ADA did. I haven't had time to do it. Do you think you could write something up based on interviews with some of us? Maybe that would be a quick and easy way to get the info for an article? Think you could do that? Or is that a headache...

Amanda

Easy. :unsure:

PM me with your phone number. I'll call you and we'll work it out.

Thanks Amanda for the info, and thank you Allen for the topic, I am planning on being there.

Thanks to those responding (and hopefully more) I cant stress enough that actual time either at meetings, at commission meetings or on projects is really really really where the battle must be fought. Just sending in our membership dollars almost is useless. Those memberships are really only good if your face and voice is heard. Thanks for letting me post this and thanks for your voluteer time............Allen......

***REMINDER****

The annual ADA members meeting is tomorrow night! See Amanda's post above for details. Please attend and get involved!

S.

:)