azbowhntrs

Deer Cane Used on Coues Deer

we went through some of this last year or 2 ago.

I think we found there were restrictions in the wilderness areas about feeding the animals.

the forest service website specifically says game and fish sets any and all regulations for game animals.

I tried searching for the post but cannot remember title or which forum... maybe trail cams.

It might have been the gentleman that had a warden tell someone he knew that his camera and salt were set illegally or something to that affect.

which seems to be about the time people quit posting a lot of their pics on here!

Thanks G$F!

James

I think I remember that thread and I think you are right about it being trail cam section.

Almost sounds like both departments are kinda passing the buck on this one......back and forth back and forth.....

I think we found there were restrictions in the wilderness areas about feeding the animals.

the forest service website specifically says game and fish sets any and all regulations for game animals.

I tried searching for the post but cannot remember title or which forum... maybe trail cams.

It might have been the gentleman that had a warden tell someone he knew that his camera and salt were set illegally or something to that affect.

which seems to be about the time people quit posting a lot of their pics on here!

Thanks G$F!

James

That might have been me. The forest Service guy said it was illegal to put up tree stands, cameras, or bait (feed any animal) on "wilderness land"

http://forums.coueswhitetail.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=26902&st=0&p=266050&fromsearch=1entry266050

Below is a copy paste from the story

As I’m breaking camp, a Forest Service truck pulls up. The guy stops in the middle of the road, jumps out and is writing down my plate number. Still in a high from a great buck, I yell out my plate number and invite him into what is left of my camp. He said that he heard I shot a nice buck. I tell him of my morning. He asks if I had any salt out and I said no. He tells me of a spot not too far away that was salted, and had a camera. He tells me that it is on Wilderness land and it is illegal to place anything on the ground or in a tree. He tells me that he is going to sneak in there tonight and take the camera and leave the guy a ticket, and that its going to cost the owner of the camera $300 to get it back; because that’s how much the ticket is. Now I’m thinking… He just told me it was illegal to hang anything from a tree on Wilderness Land; but HE is going to “hang” the guy a ticket from a tree on Wilderness Land… I got tired of him and just turned my back with a see ya later and finished breaking my camp. This guy had NO people skills, was very short, and was very monotone…

Thanks G$F!

James

That might have been me. The forest Service guy said it was illegal to put up tree stands, cameras, or bait (feed any animal) on "wilderness land"

http://forums.coueswhitetail.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=26902&st=0&p=266050&fromsearch=1entry266050

Below is a copy paste from the story

As I’m breaking camp, a Forest Service truck pulls up. The guy stops in the middle of the road, jumps out and is writing down my plate number. Still in a high from a great buck, I yell out my plate number and invite him into what is left of my camp. He said that he heard I shot a nice buck. I tell him of my morning. He asks if I had any salt out and I said no. He tells me of a spot not too far away that was salted, and had a camera. He tells me that it is on Wilderness land and it is illegal to place anything on the ground or in a tree. He tells me that he is going to sneak in there tonight and take the camera and leave the guy a ticket, and that its going to cost the owner of the camera $300 to get it back; because that’s how much the ticket is. Now I’m thinking… He just told me it was illegal to hang anything from a tree on Wilderness Land; but HE is going to “hang” the guy a ticket from a tree on Wilderness Land… I got tired of him and just turned my back with a see ya later and finished breaking my camp. This guy had NO people skills, was very short, and was very monotone…

Could be the same story but it seems like the story I am thinking of, somebody posted a picture of a great looking buck on here......only to get a knock at the door by authorities asking questions about his camera, baiting etc.

The person swore off posting anymore pictures on the internet........can't remember the whole story but it was kinda scary.....

This reminds me of the "rules" of no float tubes in Rose Canyon. I pursued it till I got it from the horse's mouth. Most everyone at USFS kept saying it was a G&F law and it definitely is not. I finally after about 3 weeks got to some kind of head Forest Ranger for that particular area and it is literally a rule they made up on their own. Give a bureaucrat the power and see what happens? I could not believe how many of those misinformed nitwits kept telling me it was G&F. G&F has actually been trying to open things up. First step was to get USFS to allow canoes for the boys scouts during the week. I think that has passed. USFS is not my friend.

link to forest service hand book.

they sure don't make it so people can view it.

on my computer you have to download it.

went through their search engine and it says I'm not authorized???

http://www.fs.fed.us/im/directives/

law enforcement hand book

http://www.fs.fed.us/cgi-bin/Directives/get_dirs/fsh?5309.11!..

James

link to forest service hand book.

they sure don't make it so people can view it.

on my computer you have to download it.

went through their search engine and it says I'm not authorized???

http://www.fs.fed.us/im/directives/

law enforcement hand book

http://www.fs.fed.us/cgi-bin/Directives/get_dirs/fsh?5309.11!..

James

That is funny....thanks James..........