Well summer is here and in a short time it will be deer season again. It is time to get out the bows and start getting ready for the season. I got a new bow for this season and have been shooting it, I love it. I have been shooting way better with this bow than any other.

I will be doing some scouting and finding new areas to hunt (cant have too many) in the next couple of months. I hope to find a couple of the bucks I have seen in the past couple of years. I will be setting up cams, and trying to get photos while I am out there (I always carry a camera, but I forget to get it out of my pack when I see something). Hopefully I can get some pics up.

GMM

I am so ready for August/September this year. I do need to get a new string put on my bow, its a year old is ready to get changed. I'm ready to start building some arrows this year too. Maybe if I build my own they will fly straight and I finally connect on something ;) . Still looking for my first after more than 15 years of trying. It just seems like since I've gotten to the point that I can shoot consistently I can't get close anymore. Its almost like the deer, elk, javelina, etc. have esp or something...

Well I wanted to buy a new bow for the January hunt, but realized that wouldn't be the best idea so I waited and bought one the first week in Feb. I've already had to replace the D-loop so If i'm not ready now.... then I never will.

I ended up getting a Switchback. I still have my Outback, but it is now a backup bow. I had the chance to get a SB when I got my OB, but I thought at that time the OB was better. Oh well, the OB was a great bow, I got 1 deer, 1 javelina, and a bunch of rabbits with it, but I am so much more accurate with the SB.

I hope I can get into the deer like I did a couple of years ago. If so, the hunt will be even better, deer running all over, and not really paying attention to me. What ever this season is like, it will be fun.

GMM

yep thinking the same thing. just put my cam up on tues. checked a few spots. also got a new string on my bow, I got the winners choice string and so far really like it. hope we get some good monsoons.

Man I can not wait! I shoot 3D in the off season but there is nothing like the first day back out in the woods with my bow!!!

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who is going to be breaking in a new string. :) Besides that, I have two new spots I am wanting to check out, and store a couple cams to see if I have chosen the right spots.

I never even let the dust settle on my bows. Shoot year around, I'm ready for anything, anytime, anywhere.

+1!

I try to get out into the back yard and fling atleast twenty arrows (even though it's only +/- 30 yards) a few times a week.

I reckon I will start shooting when I find out if I drew in NM on Wednesday. I need to make some adjustments on it. My Cobra sight is a little funky too, everytime i shoot the stupid thing moves a tiny bit! I can tighten it up as hard as I can and it still does it! But I guess that's what makes bows great, getting to customize and tinker with them.

What part is moving? If there is a screw coming loose put some bowstring wax on the threads and it will hold it for a long time. It will also help keep the screws from gauling and getting stuck. I usually put wax on all of my screws at least once a year, usually the beginning of summer after all the spring hunts.

Hope this helps

GMM