Sign in to follow this  
corkin it

Zachs Antelope

For those of you lucky enough to draw an antelope tag this year. Heres a pic of the antelope Zach got with muzzleloader last year. Major taxidermy did the work. Came out really nice. This was a buck we found the last afternoon of the hunt. He was hangin with 14 does. Made a nice shot on him (126 yards)after a long stock. The boy is hooked now. Jake

post-1186-0-77051400-1336662288.jpg

Tremendous buck. Congrats to Zach. I am super envious. I have been applying for an Arizona tag for more years than I guess Zach has been alive and still haven't drawn, but when I do I hope to find a buck like that .....or better?

Congrats.

Lee

congrats to Zach on his first goat , I am still waiting 23 years still no tag

Congratulations Zach on a very nice buck. Let's hear the story if you don't mind. :)

TJ

Good morning...one thing I started doing years ago was documenting our hunts. Its really great to look back at the experiences we have shared as a family. Ill try and post the hunting pics as well. Have a great Friday and weekend people!!!!! jake

September 3, 4: Opening to the 20011/2012 hunting season began with a muzzleloader antelope hunt for Zach on McGregor range. He got the golden ticket as there were only 20 available for hunt. After two days of hard hunting we were able to put a stalk on this buck. He was with 14 doe at the time. After 1 mile of cat and mouse we lost the animal. Zach thought we should try to our south west and after 100 yards of still hunting we spotted the group. We belly crawled it for about 60 yards and got set up. The buck was 126 yards out. Zach got set up on the shooting sticks…took a deep breath and BOOM! Dust flew everywhere. The does took off running right to left and stopped on a hill about 200 yards from us. The buck took off after the doe. I asked Zach if he thought he got it and he said yes…..!!! The shot felt good. I reloaded the rifle and gave it back to Zach and he set up on the buck who actually had ran quartering to us and stopped below the doe. He started to rock back and forth and fell over. What a great shot!! Double lung. This was a great ending to a hunt that proved to be challenging due to the drought conditions. We were the last group to check out of the hunt and in the end Zach took the largest antelope of the hunt. 15.5 inch goat. Really great experience to say the least.