ready2hunt

Mechanical or Fixed Broadhead

I hunted last season with mechanical blades. Then while in the field two of them popped out and since that time they never stayed in (rubber bands broke). The two times I was able to draw on my game I had to double check the blades - not what I need to be worrying about.

Since then I have switched to fix blades - I am not dealing with the other issues this season. Lord knows I already have to think about while preparing my shot; worry about blades working can be eliminated.

We thought abouy that, that's why we don't use rubber bands, we use shrink tubbing. The tubbing have a higher UV protection than rubber bands or O-rings. SWHACKERS all the way!!!!

Everyone has their favorites. I have always loved the mechanical for turkeys and the fixed for bigger game. With that said I tried the swacker last year on elk and told myself I would only take a broadside shot. I couldn't believe how fast the cow died and the amount of blood poured out of her. I then took my javelina with the swacker and had it die within minutes.

I'm likeing the looks of the grave digger and might try it this year.

I've killed my share of animals over the years with just about every broadhead out there. Place shotment is the key. I've always said, give me any broadhead and arrow and I can kill. It's all up to what you feel comfortable with and how it shoots from the bow. Most are all good. :)

TJ

"Place shotment" ? Did you have a long day at work.? :lol: Just kiddin with ya!

That is hilarious. I would have never noticed that if you had not pointed it out. I read it and it make perfect sense the first time.

Thanks for all the posts. I am really looking at these shwackers now. They look pretty good. Any suggestions on where to buy them at the best price? I never buy things online personally....I like buying in person.

I have seen them at the Tucson location of Bull Basin. I have also seen them at Walmart. Cabelas carries them as well. I think Sportsman's Warehouse has them also.

I shot at a fox with a 100grain swhacker and hit a rock at 40 yards and broke the arrow and all i had to do was do a quick file job on the tip and the next day i shot a bobcat with that same tip and i still used it this febuary for Javelina in which i missed one at 11 yards with my bow! :) :)

Fixed only I dont care what test you do with a mechanical. When you take the mechanical or moving parts out of the equation its all on me. That's what I want I miss or make a bad shot no one else to blame.