ready2hunt

Mechanical or Fixed Broadhead

I love the rage broadheads! Massive entry and exit holes on every animal i have killed with them. They are also very accurate i shoot mine out to 80 yards with no problems at all. The only down fall they do open up in quivers that aren't designed specifically for the rage.

I agree with all of this. The animals I've killed with 2 blade Rages looked like a hatchet went through them. They also fly just like field points. However, I've drawn on and elk and pigs and had to let down multiple times due to Rages prematurley opening in the quiver or on my stalk. Needless to say, I'm a fixed blade guy now. If you don't move much (ie hunt from a stand or blind) I am a huge fan of Rages. If you are a spot and stalk guy and move a lot, go fixed blade.

That all being said, almost any broadhead will work fine for deer. The differences between most broadheads are marketing gimmicks IMHO.

I agree. When I'm in a stand I use Rage. On the ground I use Slick Trick. This is the buck I took in August with a Rage. I missed the heart and lungs. It still did the job. He ran about 140 yards. It was impossible not to see the blood trail.

That is just a crazy size exit hole!!!!! I have seen smaller exit wounds with my 30-06. If I do hunt from a tree stand or blind I am going to made the investment.....its well worth it from this picture.

That is the ENTRY hole not the exit...

Guest akaspecials

b3f5ee56.jpg

Another rage entry hole. The pig fell in its tracks and died in less than 90 seconds.

I love the rage broadheads! Massive entry and exit holes on every animal i have killed with them. They are also very accurate i shoot mine out to 80 yards with no problems at all. The only down fall they do open up in quivers that aren't designed specifically for the rage.

Do you know if the a quiver designed for the rage will fit my muzzy's as well or no?

I agree with all of this. The animals I've killed with 2 blade Rages looked like a hatchet went through them. They also fly just like field points. However, I've drawn on and elk and pigs and had to let down multiple times due to Rages prematurley opening in the quiver or on my stalk. Needless to say, I'm a fixed blade guy now. If you don't move much (ie hunt from a stand or blind) I am a huge fan of Rages. If you are a spot and stalk guy and move a lot, go fixed blade.

That all being said, almost any broadhead will work fine for deer. The differences between most broadheads are marketing gimmicks IMHO.

I agree. When I'm in a stand I use Rage. On the ground I use Slick Trick. This is the buck I took in August with a Rage. I missed the heart and lungs. It still did the job. He ran about 140 yards. It was impossible not to see the blood trail.

Bowhuntaz1 if that is your entrance hole and you missed the heart and lungs I'm curious what was inside that deer?

Swhacker all the way!

post-5396-0-60466900-1337791909.jpg

post-5396-0-40748600-1337791925.jpg

post-5396-0-39336400-1337791940.jpg

Even if you almost miss you get this!

post-5396-0-90583800-1337791954.jpg

Swhacker all the way!

Is there any difference in flight or accuracy between the Swhacker your feild tips? What grain do you usually shoot? I would like to stick with 100gr

Bowhuntaz1 if that is your entrance hole and you missed the heart and lungs I'm curious what was inside that deer?

Filled with blood. The arrow sliced the muscle on the leg rendering it useless. I watched him drag it until out of site, about 80 yards. I cut its artery on the leg. The arrow was lodged in the breast bone for about 30 yards until it hit the tree.

I believe the quiver made for the rage is called the ghost quiver and it should work with all broadheads.

You ask about fixed or mechanical? How about both wrapped into one broadhead? The grave digger is a 1" fixed broadhead with 1 3/4" mechanical cutting diameter. There are no bands or shrink wrap involved in holding the mechanical blades together. The mechanical blades self lock against each other. They do damage like no other head i have seen and have field point accuracy. I shot my bull last year with them at 62 yds and he piled up 30 yds away from where i shot him. More info on the grave digger can be seen on there website at www.nolimitarchery.com

post-2694-0-00469200-1337808548.jpg

post-2694-0-04070500-1337808567.jpg

post-2694-0-60570100-1337808581.jpg

Here is a small video clip of my 2012 javelina being shot with a grave digger. Again the animal dies within eye sight!

G5 montec cs for fixed they fly just like feild tips and have great penetration! Also slick tricks a a very reliable fixed blade as well!

As for mechanical I would go with something like a shwacker!

I love Wac em's. I think they are second to none and have taken several animals with them. My other favs are slick tricks and shuttle t locks, or terminal T locks. All are fixed blade, and all fly good out to longer yardages. (70-80 yards). I do not shot expandables, but have no gripes with them either. Just a personal preference.

Swhacker all the way!

Is there any difference in flight or accuracy between the Swhacker your Field tips? What grain do you usually shoot? I would like to stick with 100gr

Sorry for the long wait for my response. I have no difference between the Swhacker and my field points. I currently shoot out to 80yrds, I shoot the 100gr. 1.75 inch cut. My coues I shot two years ago: I made a bad yardage assessment and hit high, he dropped. It took me over 30 minutes to dig the Swhacker out of his back when I butchered him. That head is again in my quiver.

Everyone has their favorites. I have always loved the mechanical for turkeys and the fixed for bigger game. With that said I tried the swacker last year on elk and told myself I would only take a broadside shot. I couldn't believe how fast the cow died and the amount of blood poured out of her. I then took my javelina with the swacker and had it die within minutes.

I'm likeing the looks of the grave digger and might try it this year.

I've killed my share of animals over the years with just about every broadhead out there. Place shotment is the key. I've always said, give me any broadhead and arrow and I can kill. It's all up to what you feel comfortable with and how it shoots from the bow. Most are all good. :)

TJ