jamaro

Travel Tailers... HOLY COW

Hey Everybody...

We have started looking at getting a travel trailer... I am TIRED of sleeping on the ground... That and it seems that it would be alot easier to keep the trailer loaded and just take off in the middle of the night if we have a few days to spare....

Okay so here is my question...

I have heard that you can write off the interest at the end of the year? because you could live in it?

Can you haggle for the final price? If so how much off is a good deal(percent wise)

What about insurance, i have been told that as long as it is connected to your rig you are covered? Is that true?

I want to go with a bumper hitch so I can bring along my four wheeler... are there any cool hitches out there that would make my life eaier?

thanks

jason

Jamaro yes you can write off the interest you pay on the trailer,as far as insurance goes its very cheap, I pay about 150.00 for a years worth.As for the hitch you will want a weight distribution style"torsion bars"

to help put some weight on the front of your truck.If you shop around you can bargin with price as far how much you can get is anyones guess.

The only thing i would watch out for is trailer weight.What they say your truck can tow and what it really can tow is two different things. I learned this the hard way, so don't max out your rig.

Anything you would ever want to know about is right here on this link. Do a search on a particular trailer you are looking at and you will get alot of answers. Make sure you find one that is good quality and a dealer that has good service. Most of the time you can get anywhere from 25-40 percent off the list price of the trailer, depending on manufacture. There is a place out on bell road called Van's, they are family owned and seem like they are pretty fair. What size trailer are you looking for, and what type of hitch (fifth wheel or bumper pull)? David

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm

this is great info.. Thanks guys.. I am looking for something between 22 and 32 feet... a pull along.. I have a 2005 Duramax... It is nice to know that I can haggle on the price... I was just not sure... I have been kicking around the idea of a toy hauler but they dont' seem as nice on the inside...

j-

j,

Make sure you get a trailer of appropriate length for the terrain you are going to pull it in , the longer you get the harder it is to negotiate some of the curvy and rough roads, I have a 22 ft and it does great. Also the goosenecks or 5th wheels are harder to use on curvy roads. AG

I have had a bumper pull and now a 32 foot fifth wheel, and I would never go back to a bumper pull. The FW pulls so much better and it is layed out better inside usually. If you get good enough towing it, you can pull it just about anywhere you don't want to damage it. I pulled mine all the way down the Young road to Workmans Creek and back up to the Payson rd. And that was with my quad trailer on the back of my FW(44ft). I will take a picture this weekend when I have everything hooked up to my truck. Play Mor make a very well built toyhauler. They are family owned and will build it to your specs. If you want two 100 gallon water tanks on the bottom they will add them. I am getting a toyhauler next time just for the ease of use. David

I just bought a 26' toyhualer. I'll let you know how it pulls in July I'm going up to Workman creek area around the fourth.

Listen to ultramag with the weight issue! We bought a toy hauler that "our truck would haul with out any problems, people do it all the time!" We even called Chevy to ask them if the 1500 would haul it, and they said that it would be fine. Well it wasn't fine. Going up any kind of hill put such a load on the truck, and going from Chandler to Payson was a fight every time. We ended up buying an F250 to haul it with and now hills are not anything different from flat grounds. The sway bars are a must, and might want to be upgraded depending on what kind they give you. Ours is 25' and pulls just fine, just watch those low tree branches. :ph34r:

J-DAWG

my dodge dakota pulled just perfect with 20" ft trailer! and atv! since ur not driving green toyota tacoma no more?

dodge2.jpg

vinihunt :ph34r:

nope... Tommy (crazyaboutcoues) kept making fun of my girly truck... So I saved all my pennies and bought a 2005 CrewCab Duramax... Didn't you used to have a nissan???

j-dawg.

:ph34r:

the only thing I would add is to check used trailers. most people buy new then never really use the trailer. just like 4x4 trucks that have never been in 4 wheele drive here in phx.

mark

J-DAWG

yeah used to have kingcab nissan v6, but now since have 2 boys, trade in for crewcab! the trailer u posted on looks good!

if ur not in hurry, wait for sportshow around NM, that sell traveltrailer very good price! i got my very good price!

i ll PM ya with price

vinihunt :ph34r: