Elkhunter1

Thank God I have other spots

Putting all your eggs in one basket is just foolish. These are from my third spot.

post-5396-0-60582200-1338440844_thumb.jpgpost-5396-0-62758900-1338440975_thumb.jpg

post-5396-0-03195200-1338441102_thumb.jpgpost-5396-0-58577400-1338441203_thumb.jpg

post-5396-0-21654000-1338441260_thumb.jpgpost-5396-0-76653300-1338441320_thumb.jpg

post-5396-0-21882500-1338441378_thumb.jpgpost-5396-0-01218400-1338441475_thumb.jpg

You're a smart man Stephen. That's a good lesson for everyone. On opening morning years ago I go to climb in my treestand, way before daylight, on opening morning only to find someone sitting there. He said he would move but I said I would just go over to my other stand and sit 50 yrds away. He said his other hunting buddy was there and I said finish the morning hunt since I had another spot but I would be back to hunt this spot in the evening. I killed a nice bull on my backup spot that morning. :)

TJ

I was just thinking about getting another camera to put on my third spot in an area I found this past January.

Not a bad idea Shelvin. You just never know. :)

TJ

• Like 1

I was just thinking about getting another camera to put on my third spot in an area I found this past January.

I actually have spots in three other units, that's why I have started this early for the Aug. hunt.

I actually have spots in three other units, that's why I have started this early for the Aug. hunt.

Can't wait to see some of your trail cams. :)

TJ

Ya post up those pics as soon as you get em'!

Yup, those bucks are just getting started to horn out.

i've currently got 3 out & am thinking about adding a couple more. Can't cover too much ground.

i've currently got 3 out & am thinking about adding a couple more. Can't cover too much ground.

Ain't that the truth. About every three weeks I rotate my cams to other spots looking for that big KAHUNA!

Ain't that the truth. About every three weeks I rotate my cams to other spots looking for that big KAHUNA!

I'm constantly looking for new spots, but have a few spots that I work every year over & over again. I've yet to latch on to a true monster, but I usually get some pics of quite a few decent bucks. It's fun to get familiar with specific deer too. There's a couple deer in my area that I recognize on site, including a dog-eared doe that I think I may have lost this year, but I saw her w/ fawns for three years in a row prior. I saw her in person a few times & I got a few trail cam pics of her. There's also a certain buck with an easily identifyable rack running around. Not very long points, but good with & lots of them. I've seen him for about three years now & he was still going strong in Jan of this year.

I have 5 sets with cams in about a 5 square mile radius. Im a firm believer in strength in numbers. The more cams you have out the more deer your scouting at once. The only issue I have is I'll get bored at one set and make a move late morning to come back next day and check the SD card and find my lack of patience cost me an oppurtunity at a 90 inch buck! So if you have a shooter coming in regularly stick it out, chances are he'll return.

I have 5 sets with cams in about a 5 square mile radius. Im a firm believer in strength in numbers. The more cams you have out the more deer your scouting at once. The only issue I have is I'll get bored at one set and make a move late morning to come back next day and check the SD card and find my lack of patience cost me an oppurtunity at a 90 inch buck! So if you have a shooter coming in regularly stick it out, chances are he'll return.

+ 1 :)

TJ