AZbowhntr

Tikka T3 scope mounts question

Ok, so I recently bought a Tikka T3 and am in the proccess of putting a scope on it. They come with the scope rings that fit directly onto the rifle but they are 1" and the scope I am putting on is a 30mm. I called Berreta to buy the 30mm rings and found out that they don't sell them. So I am going to have to go with a rail or some other bases. My question is what is everyone that is buying the T3 and installing 30mm scopes doing for set ups? Picatinny rail or another one piece base or what? Thanks for any imput.

Azpackhorse, looks nice. Which scope do you have and what height rings did you go with? I have the Vortex 6.5-20X44 that is going on it. I would like to keep it as low as possible. Thanks for the replies.

I have an EGW rail on my 6.5x284 and I really like it. Mine is a straight rail though, not the 20 moa. One thing to watch for is clearance. I have low rings and the rail is so long that I can't get my scope far back enough without the front bell of the scope hitting the rail. I have a Leupold VXIII 6.5x20x40 and it just barely fits with low rings. Once I get my load dialed in I'm going to get the higher rings.

If you go the EGW route with your Tikka and have a 50mm objective bell you will probably need to cut off the front end of the rail. I used a Dremel and touched it up with a sharpie. If you just go with new rings Talley or Warne both work well.

Note: Just re-read your post, you shouldn't have this issue with a 44mm bell.

post-2628-0-98216100-1339478824_thumb.jpg

post-2628-0-81421100-1339478844_thumb.jpg

i dont have a tikka but i do have a EGW 20 moa rail and use the burris xtreme tactical rings in low and have no problem with clearance on ym vortex. its a 50 mil, but could be because i have a different rifle

Leupold makes tikka 30mm rings. I own 4 tikkas and have put leupols bases and rings on all of them. Originally I tried warne high's and they let me down once. Thats all it took for me to switch to leupold's.

I've got Warne on mine

Had the same problem and had sportsmans put on rings that didn't fit right. My scope would move back a lot. Took it to bear mountain and was set up with tactical rings that keeps my scope tight without any rail change. have a tikka T3 with a vortex viper 6.5-20x44 and just the rings work for mime

Thanks for the replies everyone. I ended up going with the EGW rail and rings. I went with the HD 20 moa rail and the low rings. According to their site I shouldn't have any problems with clearance. I should have the rifle all set up by this next weekend. I already had a muzzle break installed so it will be ready for Mexico this next year. Next will be working up a load for it.