Sign in to follow this  
Gr8 White Jr

A Couple New Critters

I got these mounts back from my taxidermist a while back and am finally getting around to posting pictures of them. As usual Bret Prentice at Game Trails Taxidermist has done an exceptional job on these mounts. His talent and true artistic abilities really show in his work. Thanks again Bret!

Hope you all enjoy the pics even though they really don't do these mounts justice.

-Tracy

My bobcat.

post-1275-0-30721400-1340603171_thumb.jpg

The close up of the face really shows the life like look of this cat.

post-1275-0-93351000-1340603270_thumb.jpg

My coatimundi. I love the custom pose that Bret created!

post-1275-0-97401300-1340603380_thumb.jpg

post-1275-0-45246800-1340603431_thumb.jpg

post-1275-0-92654800-1340603471_thumb.jpg

I watched both of your mounts come to life in Bret's shop and can attest to the fact he puts a ton of effort into every mount he does and your's were no exception! They both look awesome and that Coati was as old and big as they get! The pics don't do the mounts justice, they look better in person! JIM>

I watched both of your mounts come to life in Bret's shop and can attest to the fact he puts a ton of effort into every mount he does and your's were no exception! They both look awesome and that Coati was as old and big as they get! The pics don't do the mounts justice, they look better in person! JIM>

You are absolutely right, the pics don't even come close to showing the true life like looks of these mounts. Bret does amazing work for sure. I hesitated posting pics for that very reason. I tried taking pictures with the flash on, then the flash off and from every different angle. Its just impossible to show how awesome they look through pics. At least through any pics that I'm taking. I'm sure Doug could do a lot better job.

I was in Bret's shop a few times while he was working on these. I was able to see "sticks" in person. Much like these mounts, the pics just cant compare to what it looks like in person. Amazing taxidermy on an amazing animal!

-Tracy

Piggy backing on what Jim and Tracey said. The pictures don't give these mounts complete justice especially the bobcat. Congrats Tracey!

Cats are one of the toughist animals to mount,and both of these animals are outstanding.I can't imagine what they look like in person,very nice.