Sign in to follow this  
Jay Scott

Backcountry Food: Starbucks Instant Coffee

For those of you who enjoy coffee in the backcountry, you should try the Starbucks Via instant. I don't normally support Starbucks as I can't justify paying that much for a cup of joe, but their instant coffee is an instant winner. Lightweight, small, minimal packaging, fast(just add hot water) and best of all, a decent tasting cup of coffee. Best of the instant varieties that I've tried. I was able to find it at the local Safeway supermarket.

DSC01414.JPGLooking forward to a cup after camping with our 10 month old daughter in the land of the midnight sun. It was her first time out in a tent and needless to say there wasn't much sleep happening.DSC01417.JPGA great addition to the backcountry menu.838693349566457000-7592370137007420904?l=jayscottoutdoors.blogspot.com

View the full article

This is what we started using last year, makes it VERY easy! You can get the little creamers that dont need to be refrigerated if you need cream with your coffee as well. Oh and they will mix with cold water if you want iced coffee.

+1, best way make a cup of coffee when keeping things light. Heck, I use them at home when I don't want to make whole pot, and I typically hate instant coffee.

Yes, I discovered this stuff last year while backpacking. Hard to beat for a quick cup in the morning. :)

This is what we started using last year, makes it VERY easy! You can get the little creamers that dont need to be refrigerated if you need cream with your coffee as well. Oh and they will mix with cold water if you want iced coffee.

I enjoy these as well, but hadn't thought about doing it with cold water for iced coffee....thanks for the tip!

Thanks for sharing. I'll have to give it a try. :)

TJ

Sign in to follow this