Sign in to follow this  
cvw789

Swhacker Broadhead Deal

Hey Swhacker shooters just wanted to give you a heads up that Swhacker is doing a buy one pack get one pack FREE.

Cole

Just read on the Swacker website that the offer ended on June 30th. Too bad I didn't know this sooner as I would have tried them out. Four to six weeks is a long wait anyway. The steal barrel shooting test on their website is pretty impressive.

-Tracy

Just read on the Swacker website that the offer ended on June 30th. Too bad I didn't know this sooner as I would have tried them out. Four to six weeks is a long wait anyway. The steal barrel shooting test on their website is pretty impressive.

-Tracy

You can still get some from Cabella's or Sportsmans Warehouse.

I shot a buck in August and 1 in January and neither time they opened up. I buried six of them in the woods after the second time, so if someone wants some... I will never soot them again! Sorry.

I did recover the buck in Jan. luckily it blew right through his heart.

I shot a buck in August and 1 in January and neither time they opened up. I buried six of them in the woods after the second time, so if someone wants some... I will never soot them again! Sorry.

So how do you know they did'nt open??

Sorry guys did'nt see that the deal was over on june 30th. I ordered mine a few days ago and figured I would give you guys a heads up . Again SORRY

Sounds like opperator error...

Mine opened and blew all the way thru a mature bear this spring. Best broadhead I have used!

I know they didnt open because the arrows were soaked in dark red blood on both and the blades were still closed and completely clean. Believe me I had 3 other very expierienced hunters (one a well known outfitter) with me on the first one and all agreed it never opened. The reason I used them again in January was because I was convinced it was just a fluke but it happened again. Don't know what to tell you.

I know they didnt open because the arrows were soaked in dark red blood on both and the blades were still closed and completely clean. Believe me I had 3 other very expierienced hunters (one a well known outfitter) with me on the first one and all agreed it never opened. The reason I used them again in January was because I was convinced it was just a fluke but it happened again. Don't know what to tell you.

I would like to ask you, if you used the shrink tubbing on them and if so how many bands? Did the heads still have the bands on them after the shot?

I have been shooting these heads since their inception and have never had a failure. I have even shot rabbits with them, almost cutting them in half.

You can tell they opened by looking at the side of the ferrule behind the blades. If they opened there will be a dent in the farrel pluse the shrink band would be gone. The blade move freely after they open so they could have came back to the closed position after they passed through the animal. Here are a few pictures.

100gr

post-1877-0-73326600-1341256628_thumb.jpg

125gr

post-1877-0-11034600-1341256658.jpg

Cole

Cole, great pics. When I shot my bear this year the arrow went straight thru both side of ribs, and exited half way out the other side. The bear took off running with the arrow. It fell out 30' up the trail. When I walked up to the arrow it looked as if it didn't open, but upon further inspection, the rubber band was broken, and the small dents below the blades were there as Coles picture shows. My blades were pretty clean as well. When inspecting the dead bear there was a 2"+ cut coming out the opposite side.

It is just like a car accident, after the arrow begins to exit the other side it slows down rapidly and the G forces pull the blades back forward... My guess...

I used a single original band out of the package with both. Too bad I don't have the broadheads anymore, i'd look to see if there was a dent. And I understand that the blades will retract with the change in forces. All I am saying the arrows were soaking with blood and the blades looked like brand new razor blades straight out the package. I hope they work for everyone else, I am just not going to chance it again. i'm going to give the Grave diggers a shot, we'll see.

I used a single original band out of the package with both. Too bad I don't have the broadheads anymore, i'd look to see if there was a dent. And I understand that the blades will retract with the change in forces. All I am saying the arrows were soaking with blood and the blades looked like brand new razor blades straight out the package. I hope they work for everyone else, I am just not going to chance it again. i'm going to give the Grave diggers a shot, we'll see.

I understand your point of view, I just want to have a complete understanding of your experience so we can prevent it in the future for the rest of use that like and use it. thanks for you response.

Is there any difference between the Swhacker broadhead and the SBP broodheads? I still have some SBP 100's from years ago ,I did some machine work for Rick while working at PV , he told me about the broadhead and I got some from a shop called Desert Archery in tucson. That was years ago, they look exactly the same, any changes at all?At the time I did not like the shrink wrap, they were also similar to the Vortex 100's and seemed to fly the same. Since then I have only shot fixed blades, guess I did not understand, and still do not, the need for all the moving parts on a broadhead, I guess its the size of the wound channel that's the motivation..