AxisWorks LLC

Would you...

I keep kicking this around as well!

I don't think I am going to do it. The 12's are a lot lighter but I have 10's as well if I don't need the extra magnification. I drag around my big spotter as well so if i want to drop weight I can just leave that beast in the truck.

Now if they come out with a 12x EL Range my swaro LRF and 15's will be available for sale. :D

Yes. I had the 12x50 EL's set up next to my 15's last winter and now I wish I didn't do it!!! All it did was made me realize that I NEED to buy those new EL's!

When you look through something better, you quickly realize what you are lacking in what you currently use. My 15's seemed perfectly fine until I looked through the EL's. The big difference was colors and sharper lines. The image through the EL's was crisp, the colors were brighter and the shadows were darker, this all created better definition and more depth. When I then looked back through my 15's, the image seemed flat and all the colors seemed dull and actually blended together which looses definition.

This higher contrast and defintion definitely outweighs the lower magnification issue, even though they are 3x less (which actually isn't very noticeable) you'll see more critters with the 12x EL's.

I also carried around and tested the new EL Range binos and absolutely fell in love with them. For me, and for anyone who is typically assisting somebody else, they are an incredible tool! The first time I used them we killed a 117". The stalk and set up went fast and the whole thing was rushed but it was a huge help having the ability to range and watch the moving buck without taking my eyes off em' the whole time!

• Like 1

Yes. I had the 12x50 EL's set up next to my 15's last winter and now I wish I didn't do it!!! All it did was made me realize that I NEED to buy those new EL's!

When you look through something better, you quickly realize what you are lacking in what you currently use. My 15's seemed perfectly fine until I looked through the EL's. The big difference was colors and sharper lines. The image through the EL's was crisp, the colors were brighter and the shadows were darker, this all created better definition and more depth. When I then looked back through my 15's, the image seemed flat and all the colors seemed dull and actually blended together which looses definition.

This higher contrast and defintion definitely outweighs the lower magnification issue, even though they are 3x less (which actually isn't very noticeable) you'll see more critters with the 12x EL's

damit coosefan...just when the idea fades, you go and post something like this... :wacko: :( <_< ;) I am sold on the change of power. just gonna have to get'r done sooner then later...max

Has anyone tested the Swaro EL range against the Leicas? Leica has them in a 15x which could be perfect but I hvae not looked through them.

I'm a Leica man, but for the $$, I have never been too sold on the 15x Geovids. Now, I'd take a pair in 8x no problem, but not 15x.

Thanks good to know! Just about everything I have is Swaro but I will eventually break down and get a combo LRF/Bino to simplify things.

I sold my 15's for 10x50's and have no regrets... but I also just aquired a pair of Kowa 32x82's so the 15's would have gotten no use anyhow.

I sold my 15's for 10x50's and have no regrets... but I also just aquired a pair of Kowa 32x82's so the 15's would have gotten no use anyhow.

Those Kowa's are sweet...do you lug them up and down the hills?

I've used my husbands 15s and I have the 10x50EL. I love my 10x50. I can hand hold them when out & about or put them on tripod for greater distances. they are my every day binos. the clarity is unbelievable.