Sign in to follow this  
huntjunkie

Black Bear Mount

Brought my bear home yesterday. This is a similar to the pose when i shot him. Very excited the way it turned out! I really debated whether I should have done a full body mount, as you know there not cheap! Thanks to palivs2hnt i decided to go through with it.(its always fun spending someone else's money right) Im glad i did! My taxidermist(private individual) pulled measurements when i brought it in. I looked them up on a "chart" according to the chart he weighed some were around the 450+lbs. (i'm 6'2" for height reference) GF guessed him at 8-9 years old. His official P&Y score is 20 1/16.

Hunt story is under "Fall Black Bear"

post-5179-0-02486800-1342724822_thumb.jpg

post-5179-0-18525600-1342724864_thumb.jpg

post-5179-0-91441900-1342725410_thumb.jpg

post-5179-0-38842700-1342725628_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

You got some great trophys man.

• Like 1

great mount. The hair laid down good, no hair tuffs on the hide. I have to figure out how I am going to get mine mounted. I want to do lifesize but Im not sure what pose.

I kind of copied my taxidermist. His bear is mounted in a similar way. It's tough looking at all the molds trying to decide. I prefer the "natural look" the way you might see them in the wild.

Forget the bear look at that dang muley!!! :D ok ok nice looking bear.. BUT HOLY COW LOOK AT THAT DEEEEERRRRRRRRR!

Thanks! Want to hear something crazy? That's my first bear and deer. Both shot Labor day weekend a year apart. The bear 9-3-2010. The deer 9-6-2011. Can't wait to see what this Labor day will bring! It's like Santa Clause in September!

Better to be lucky than good!

Awesome bear mount! It turned out sensational! Both animals are amazing archery trophies. Glad you go the full size and not the rug! Now let's get me a bear!

Both are outstanding trophies! U have to be out there to "get lucky", no shame in that. Nice job, awesome looking mounts

Awesome mounts man! That full size human mount next to the bear is extremely life like also ;) !

Yea, poor guy! His wife had him shot and mounted for spending to much time and money hunting. He's not much of a trophy though....