Sign in to follow this  
azpackhorse

Luck of the draw?

When my card got hit I told everone I was 98% sure I had a nov any antler hunt.I got drawn for 34a dec for the third time in 5 yrs with a dec 22 in between.34a dec is a 5% draw rate.I had a early rifle bull tag last yr.,less than 2% draw rate.My son put in with me this yr,tags 38 and 39 of 40.Been drawn for 2 early archery bull tags also.

• Like 1

everyone has that freind or knows someone that gets drawn all the time. The only way I can explain it is the system somehow likes certain numbers and remembers them. Unless people know people to make it not so random of a draw.

• Like 1

I drew a Kiabab tag on my very first(and only) try. I have been drawn for deer every time I put in except 2. Coming up on 20 years doing it. I think others here have it right. I don't usually put in for hunts with low draw odds, I just want to be out there with a tag and some family. Budget has been keeping the hunts close to home in recent years, luckily close to home has plenty of opportunity.

we all know the computer selects random #'s for the draw - most likely the names are drawn on a n alphabetical type system like the first 2 letters of the last name -- whole families have been drawn putting in for the exact same hunts on different applications!!

case in point - the family from showlow - (i think ) a few yrs back all applied seperatly for buffalo - they all drew the exact same hunt! like 4 of the 5 bull buffalo tags - astronmical odds!! they had to rent a refrigerator semi for the meat!- maybe someone else can verify.

the g&f has never changed the programing of the draw as far as we know - time for a change !!!

I like the manatee idea, but the guy with the Ducks may have something!