Sign in to follow this  
azpackhorse

Luck of the draw?

I know a group of guys that have drawn December tags the last 7 years out of 8. Would you consider that "luck of the draw?" I think something's haywire there, I could see maybe 4 of those years being extremely lucky but 7?

I'm glad for those guys but come on! That is ridiculous! How can this be? Any thoughts? Do you know anyone with such a record?

Oh ya, forgot to mention that he also drew a rifle Antelope tag in 10, Archery Bull in unit 1, and now a December Coues tag.............whaaat?

And they ALWAYS draw Spring Turkey tags in 27..........I want to hate them but perhaps I should put in with them?????

Forgot to mention that I ALWAYS put December hunts for my first 3 choices and in the past 12 years I have drawn...................................1

I feel your pain. Years back I met a guy who hadn't drawn a December coues tag in something like 10 years. He about killed me when I told him I had drawn my unit 4 of 5 years in December. There were a lot more tags in there back then but it was still only supposed to be around a 16% draw rate for that unit.

I used to know a family that it seemed every year drew archery bull and always speculated something fishy was going on, but I don't believe that is the case anymore.

No doubt some people draw more often than others, and I have to count myself as one of the really lucky ones over the years but I really believe it is just that - luck (unless I have some super-secret friend in G&F I don't know about ;) :D :lol: ).

I never drawn a December tag. I've put in every year since 2000. I've applied for bonus points when I was deployed, hopefully bettering my chances when I came home for the following year. I thinks its just luck of the draw. I heard of a guy who drew a sheep tag, and was unsuccessful the first time he hunted. He applied for sheep the following year and drew another sheep tag. So I thinks its just how the draw goes.

I know a group of guys that have drawn December tags the last 7 years out of 8. Would you consider that "luck of the draw?" I think something's haywire there, I could see maybe 4 of those years being extremely lucky but 7?

I'm glad for those guys but come on! That is ridiculous! How can this be? Any thoughts? Do you know anyone with such a record?

Oh ya, forgot to mention that he also drew a rifle Antelope tag in 10, Archery Bull in unit 1, and now a December Coues tag.............whaaat?

And they ALWAYS draw Spring Turkey tags in 27..........I want to hate them but perhaps I should put in with them?????

Atribute this kind of luck to clean living!

Dont even consider any other possibilties!

The Az big game draw system is beyond reproach and uncoruptable!

Come on man you know its jus clean living!

Ignore the man behind the curtain HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA !!!!

Atribute this kind of luck to clean living!

Dont even consider any other possibilties!

The Az big game draw system is beyond reproach and uncoruptable!

Come on man you know its jus clean living!

Ignore the man behind the curtain HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA !!!!

If you knew them you would know that this is not the case :lol:

Do you think part of it may have to do with the units they are putting in for? Still pretty lucky!

they are the same units that I put in for and the odds are low

I am in the same boat! No elk, no antelope, no late deer hunts ever. :angry:

Now I will tell you I did draw a Sheep tag so I may have used all my luck all at once and never get drawn for anything meanignful again. :(

Wow that is ridiclious! 7 out of 8 years?! That has to be some sort of modern record!

I had a buddy when I was up at NAU that him, his dad, and brother drew early archery bull tags something like 5 years in a row? Of course, out of all of those years I think they killed one, maybe two bulls.

now I'm not saying that there is any fishy going on but could it be a computer clich or something? something that triggers their number to come up in the draw? I'm not sure how it works as far as picking permits in the draw process but something aint right, that's too many times for luck and we need to fix it so someone else gets a chance :P sorry buddy!

I know families that draw great tags every year. The thing they don't say is that they all put in separately and someone gets lucky and draws. That way they get to hunt every year. Not all of them but they get to all go as a family. That could be the case in this situation.