Sign in to follow this  
dtower

Unit 33 Mule Deer ?

Hmm I was chasing a nice 140 to 150 4x4 last Jan in 33 on public land. Wouldn't mind that tag this year myself. Put some time in glassing and you will do just fine.

Must of jumped the highway from 37 A/B? To chase the local tail.

Bucks seen during the Rut will never be seen during a November Rifle hunt.

Thinking of going for a left over any antlered deer tag for 33 . I prefer to hunt muleys, is this a bad Idea ?

DT

Yes, on coueswhitetail.com its a bad idea to prefer muleys......coues rule, muleys drool! Kidding. If you get this tag, send me a pm and I will get you started. I think its a tough hunt were I hunt them when they aren't rutting because it flat and thick but you cannot get one if you dont hunt!

• Like 1

I don't have a problem with people hunting mule deer. I took a good mule deer buck with my bow in January. It's been my opinion for that past 10yrs that a mature desert mule deer buck is the hardest trophy class animal to take in Arizona. I also spend every year on the kaibab. Amazing animals!

I just don't like what they're doing in 33 at all. I don't care if there's 2 million WT in the unit. The problem is MOST of those bucks won't be accessed because of terrain and hunters not capable or willing. So your popular areas just get more popular and the quality of a hunt gets driven down. It's gonna be like hunting "quality" bulls on public land in Colorado.

• Like 1

Hmm I was chasing a nice 140 to 150 4x4 last Jan in 33 on public land. Wouldn't mind that tag this year myself. Put some time in glassing and you will do just fine.

shhhhh ... there arent any deer in this area

Man, I have the November hunt this year for mulies and you guy's are bumming me out saying there aren't any good deer in this unit. :angry: Hopefully with a little luck my dad and I will tag out! I plan on getting a couple scouting trips in before opening day, depending on what the USMC has in store for me between now and then. Right now, just been scouring google earth for pond/water locations and scout those areas when I get the chance.

I agree with several of the posts above.... 33 is a terrible unit and I would definitely look to a left-over in the 36's..... That muzzleloader hunt in 33 is way over-rated! :blink:

I agree with several of the posts above.... 33 is a terrible unit and I would definitely look to a left-over in the 36's..... That muzzleloader hunt in 33 is way over-rated! :blink:

36's are wayyyy too dangerous, 33 is SAFE and I seen some smoker Mule Deer bucks in there earlier in the year!