rossislider

WANTED - A Few 30 Caliber Berger Bullets

I have started do my own loading over the past year, and have slowly been working my way through and fine tuning rounds for different calibers. I am just now getting ready to start loading for my 300 RUM but would like to avoid buying a full box of 100 bullets for the different grain bullets I am interested in trying out.

I’m looking for something like a dozen match grade VLD hunting bullets in each of the following grains:

185 gr

190 gr

210 gr

Please let me know if you have a few you would sell at a reasonable price

Also, to this point in my hunting career I am not a super long range guy and really don’t shoot much over 500 yards. So, any suggestions or advice for loading this caliber with these bullets would be greatly appreciated. I was able to get some good starting data from Walt Berger to get me started.

Thanks

Im sorry I don't have any bullets to spare, but I do have some advice. I just worked up some 185 grain berger vld hunting bullets in my 300 ultra mag. I used 91 grains of h1000 and seated them at 3.660. I got a muzzle velosity of 3165, and shot a really good 3 shot 400 yard group 1.8" at 400 yards. It wasnt my best group at 100 yards but was my best at 400. I had another load that shot one hole groups at 100 yards but was around 10" at 400. So test them at range, just because it shoots great at 100 yards doesn't mean it will down range. Bergers seem to group at mid and long range better than any other hunting bullet i have tried.

Im sorry I don't have any bullets to spare, but I do have some advice. I just worked up some 185 grain berger vld hunting bullets in my 300 ultra mag. I used 91 grains of h1000 and seated them at 3.660. I got a muzzle velosity of 3165, and shot a really good 3 shot 400 yard group 1.8" at 400 yards. It wasnt my best group at 100 yards but was my best at 400. I had another load that shot one hole groups at 100 yards but was around 10" at 400. So test them at range, just because it shoots great at 100 yards doesn't mean it will down range. Bergers seem to group at mid and long range better than any other hunting bullet i have tried.

Great tips, thanks!

I have some in 190 left. Shoot me a PM, I am in Chandler.

+1 I grouped mine at 300 yards. I read somewhere that the bergers do better when sighting in 300-400 yards as well. If your shooting a remington 700, here is a load with the 210's

92 grn's of retumbo

Set bullet to internal mag (double check it though making sure its not hitting the lans)

Federal 215M primers

Rhino 1.8' goup at 400 yrds, not bad at all!

Rossislider, there are several websites out there where you can buy small quantities of different bullets in order to avoid the purchase of a full box. Here is one of those sites, http://www.bulletsamples.com/Stock.html. I believe they come in quantities of 12? If interested, I have some 168grn bergers I can spare.

My 257 wby did the same thing, didn't shoot great at 100 yards (right at or just a tad below moa) but shot 2.7" group at 510 yards.

I might even have some 168's and 185 if you want. PM me and let me know and I'll look for some.

I have 210's if you want them. They shoot wonders in a bunch of 300 RUM's

I'd love to try some 210's. Where are you at and how much would you need for them?

Thanks

I'm in Pinedale, I have family in queen creek so I'm sure I can get them down to you and I will give you a dozen or whatever you want or need, unless you want all of them then you'll have to find your own. LOL...

I'm in Pinedale, I have family in queen creek so I'm sure I can get them down to you and I will give you a dozen or whatever you want or need, unless you want all of them then you'll have to find your own. LOL...

I am in Queen Creek and whatever you can spare would be awesome. I live right by the Walmart. Just let me know when you head this way.

THANKS!

You should now be able to find Berger Hunting VLD .30 cal 185g in stock. The 190g will be manufactured late this month and I think the 210 will be later in October. I have been looking for same for many months as well.

I recommend you try Retumbo powder for the 300 RUM. You will likely gain velocity and maintain good accuracy. The heavier bullet will likely be better if you intend to shoot long ranges 800+.

Of course, your gun may shoot one more accurately than another. So, try them all when you can get them.

If anyone wants to sell a box of 190's or 210's to me, I need them as well.