Sign in to follow this  
#1huntinfool

Anyone heard of Meopta?

Anyone heard of Meopta Optics? It's a fairly new company. and I hear that they are fairly good,

Just wondering if anyone here knows the pros and cons of them.

Meopta isn't a new company they have been making glass since the 1930's. They make great very clear glass. They do not have a no fault warrenty but it is lifetime and transferable.

Save yourself some money and buy the cabelas euro binos. They are meoptas with cabelas name on them for less money. Same bino exactly. They have had some good write ups in several magazines. Good glass.

Been around a long time.

Not sure that the ones badged for Cabela's are cheaper. HDs are $999 for either badging I think. They are nice, but go a little yellow for me. Everyone has different eyes.

They have been out a while, a friend bought a pair of the bino's about 3 years ago and he loves them. I think they are a bit on the heavy side but that being said they seem very durable and the glass is very good. I think they are a pretty good value but with Vortex and some of the new companies there is a lot of competition.

Oops sorry, I had never herd of them, and somebody had told me that they were a new company.

What about there scopes?

I dont think you can beat the price and value found in a Vortex product..... no reason to even try.

A few years ago I really took a good hard look at them, and almost bought a pair. I really liked the glass. My only problem was the weight. They are small but heavy. I ended up buying a pair of EL 10x42 Swaros'. If I hadn't gone with the Swarovski I think I would have bought the Meopta.

I have a Meostar 4-16X44 scope. Better glass than leupold's VX III line IMO. it is a heavy scope, but tough (built like a tank.) PM me if you ever get down to Tucson. I'll gladly let you look through it and come to your own opinion.

I have had both the 10x42 and the 12x50 they are excellent binoculars very good contrast and brightness, not quite as crisp to the edges as swaros still very nice they are worth every penny. If you are on a budget you might want to check out the zeiss conquest HD they are very nice as i'm sure the new meopta HD's are also.

I did buy a meopta scope from cabelas but it ended up not holding zero so it was returned but the clarity and contrast of the scope was exceptional.