Sign in to follow this  
Snapshot

PSE Bow Madness XL

I am considering purchasing a PSE Bow Madness XL. I have been a PSE shooter since the 70's, have always been brand loyal if I like the quality. Plus PSE is here in Tucson, and i like to support local business.

My last bow that I just sold, was a PSE Thunderbolt with lightning on cam. It was a great bow, and served me well for many years.

Do any of you shoot this bow? I am looking for some feedback before I go in for a test drive next month.

Any input would be appreciated.!

Hey Snapshot my buddy just bought a madness he first purchased the rally didn't like that it only a little faster then his current bow returned it the next week and bought a madness. He said he likes it, its a quick peak to his draw weight then its a long easy valley to full draw. He said its great for what the sitcker cost on it he messed around with the omen but 1000 bucks goes a long way on a little better priced bow, arrows, octane accessories, broadheads new release etc.

Snapshot. I shoot the PSE BowMadness XL. It is an absolutley amazing single cam bow. When I first started shooting for pse they gave me a BowMadness XL to suite my larger draw length and body size, for me being tall (6' 3") it fit me like a glove. That was the 2010 model and I put down alot of animals with it. Then I recieved the 2011 model. Let me tell you this, that bow is an absolute beast. Huge difference between the 2011 model and the 2010 model. The 2011 model is faster ( I have the same set up with arrow weight, draw length.) It is bulkier but not a noticeable difference in weight. The one thing I like about the bow is that you come to the peak fast, this gives you a big enough valley where you can adjust yourself if need be without the bow launching off on you or it feeling like your holding back a ton of weight. So far I have only shot a javy this year with it and it thumped him hard. I cant wait to see how it performs on a deer. Can't go wrong with the BowMadness.

Excellent! I like a little longer axle to axle length. And the Bow Madness fits the bill. I am just over 6' tall. I like the one cams, as I don't have to worry about cam synch.

I have a $1000 budget for new bow, accessories, new arrows and broadheads.

My main concern is an arrow rest. I am not a big fan of drop aways, and the attached cable. I like rugged simplicity.

I have been shooting a 2012 bow madness xl for the last couple months. It has Smooth draw and very easy to shoot bow. The only thing i changed was the bowstring the stock strings on them are not very good (IMO)

I put Americas best bowstring other than that it is a great bow.I will be using it this year for hunting in my blind because it is so easy to draw even at 70#. And the are pretty fast.

Get it!!!! The Madness Is a SICK BOW!!! The Brute X is what I shoot! That's a good Bow to but the Madness is way better!!! Definitely Lighter then my Brute X!!

I have the 2012 Bow Madness and I love it !!! The only one that is any better is the Evo (IMO), but out of my price range. I use the wisker bisquit with it and it works great ! A fast and smooth bow.Good Luck.

Thanks for the great info and opinions. I have heard good things about the bow madness, but it is nice to hear opinions from people that actually shoot this bow.

I shot the mossy oak x for 3 or 4 years. One of the limbs cracked and they stopped making them so they sent me a brand new bow madness xs. Same as someone else said about the strings. Never been able to keep them from turning with a tubless peep. Got winners choice string and shoots awesome.

The Bowmadness XL is an awesome bow. You will not find a better bow performance and reliability wise in that price range!!!!!!! I am also not a fan of fall away rests we have had great results with the wisker biscut on that bow and it makes it very easy to paper tune the bow also. It will be a great choice and good luck on your future hunts.

Well........DANG! I had a thousand smackeroos saved up for my new bow. But now I have a medical issue with my foot and have to use my bow money for that. :angry:

Hope I can save up before bow season and get some good practice time in.

That will teach me not to sell my old PSE bow so soon.

Might save yourself alot of money,get yourself a pro series bow and its a smoking deal,get the new 2013 PSE Drive,its a cam and a half on top and a evo style cam on bottom...325 fps and comes as a package for 599.00...super quiet!! Hope you heal up soon!!

Might save yourself alot of money,get yourself a pro series bow and its a smoking deal,get the new 2013 PSE Drive,its a cam and a half on top and a evo style cam on bottom...325 fps and comes as a package for 599.00...super quiet!! Hope you heal up soon!!

Thanks for the info. I will check it out.

I checked out the PSE Drive online. The price is nice, but not the type of bow for me. I ike one cams, with a 34-36" Axle to axle length. The PSE Drive is very short, and those type of bows just don't fit me well.