Sign in to follow this  
CEI

Why only UnGuided Hunting Stories?

We wanted to clarify why we are only excepting and publishing UnGuided hunting stories.

Tyler-Angles-Kaibab-Buck.jpgTyler Angle's Archery Kaibab BuckThe Outdoorsman's Resource Guide is an advertising/media outlet for small businesses. This year we have 6 outfitter supporters that contributed to the Arizona Hunting Edition with articles. There are plenty of good magazines that will publish stories from multiple outfitters, but that's not how we are set-up to work. If you are a guide/outfitter, and you or a family member want to submit a story we would be more than happy to review it. If it's a good story, we would publish it, as long as you aren't promoting your business. We will be publishing guided stories in the future, but only from our supporting outfitters, so if you are interested you can email us.We believe in supporting those that support us, if that costs us a story or two, than so be it. Keep in mind, 90% of hunting is done without hired help. Hunters that hire an outfitter generally do so because they want to take a trophy book animal. Some clients may also want to learn about hunting a specific species and perhaps, some just want to go hunting for the first time. Their is nothing wrong with hiring an outfitter, it is one's choice, but there is also nothing wrong with publishing or marketing stories as UnGuided either. Quite simply, we area different publication, product, and media outlet. We will continue to do what we believe in. Just to clarify, I also own a predator hunting guide service called Predator Exclusives. 7390207506001098692-5403256905801305439?l=blog.outdoorsmansresourceguide.com

View the full article

Its much better to read about a DIY hunt! Bored to death of reading about guided hunts. Good job publishing unguided hunts. Keep it up!

• Like 7

I agree! I hate reading a article about how some guy showed up on his 2 day guided hunt and shoots a trophy animal that he didn't earn! I'm glad you only publish DIY hunts that's why i plan on buying another magazine from you guys next year. Keep up the good work.

• Like 1

I'm glad to see people supporting the do-it-yourself mentality. I cancelled by subscriptions to every hunting mag I read a few years ago because I was sick of reading the same story over & over again. About 3-4 months ago, go an email w/ 75% discount on a couple that I used to read, so I figured what the heck & renewed. Big mistake!!! Still writing that same story over & over & over & over....

Its much better to read about a DIY hunt! Bored to death of reading about guided hunts. Good job publishing unguided hunts. Keep it up!

Amen!

• Like 1

Hey guys thanks for the comments. Just being 100% honest, we are not trying to knock guided hunters or outfitters. We just understand there is a different story or hunter that works his tail off, and doesn't want to, or doesn't have the money to hire an outfitter. We want to make sure both stories are being told in our state editions, but it's just a fact that 90% of hunting is done without paid help.

I started this publication with an idea in 2009 and hardly anyone really knew what we were trying to build. Now we have an outfitter waiting list that gets bigger each week and we believe in putting out a better product each and every year. We have limited outfitter space within each state edition and we want to make sure our supporters are not swarmed with other outfitter stories. We also want to make sure you can pick up a copy and can relate to what you are reading.

Oh yeah, we love the stories, but through it in your truck!!! A phone number can save you some time or money while on your hunt! more than magazine.

+1 on the DIY stories. I have nothing against guides or anyone who hires them. I prefer to hunt DIY, and like reading stories of other hunters going un-guided. I wish there were more publications and shows featuring DIY hunters on public land. Glad to see you guys are putting some focus there.

I like DIY stories just as much as the next guy but I don’t believe that hunters who hire a guide somehow didn’t “earn” it.

Outfitters and/or guides have a lot to teach and it’s awesome that they can make a living (notice I did not say “get rich”) spending their time outdoors, often year around, so they can help someone accomplish something they most likely otherwise would not accomplish.

I respect the heck out of a person who builds their own house. But a person who buys their own house still "earned" it, just in a different way.

I agree with what has been said already. I started my morning off by reading through the Outdoorman's Resource Guide that I just got in the mail yesterday....some monster animals were taken and it pumped me up to read about them being DIY hunts and even the article on the left over tag success. Reading those DIY stories shows that there are plenty of trophy animals in our beatiful arizona lands that if you put in the time and work, you have a chance at them. Thanks for the magazine.....don't recall how I even signed up for it, but sure glad I did.

Craig I would rather read a DIY hunting story, that is the way that 90% of us hunt. I know the way that you and your friends grew up hunting and the work that goes into the DIY hunting, it is much more rewarding to hunt this way. Your magazine is a resource that is a must for any one that hunts in Arizona. Keep up the good work thanks.

Thanks for all of the responses on this topic. Most outfitters/guides definetly DO NOT get rich off of their clients. We support those that support us and we believe in what we are doing or else we wouldn't do it.