Sign in to follow this  
azshtr

Early in late out

I was doing a conditioning hike this morning and a random thought came to mind. If I hike in the day before my hunt, or hike out the day after (backpack hunting) could I be ticketed for hunting out of season? I wouldn't have the gun loaded.

Thoughts?

I've never been questioned while out scouting, and I carry my rifle loaded and ready for varmints in full camo. Itd be hard to prove intent without actually shooting at something.

NO, cuase you will not be hunting that specific game that the season will open the day after or ended the day before; besides those aren't your intentions.

My personally always carry a loaded gun (nothing in the chamber) cause I always carry a M. Lion tag or if a see a coyote or two.

Ernesto C

Not much chance you will run into a game warden, unless you are hiking on a road...

• Like 1

You have the right bare arms whether there is a hunting season or not.

But if it's cold he might want to wear a long-sleeve shirt or jacket. ;)

Hahaha LOL good one! :lol:

• Like 1

Not much chance you will run into a game warden, unless you are hiking on a road...

That is true... the only time I've been talked to was in camp.

yeah, if they see you actively pursuing out-of-season game, that's the only time you'll have an issue.

I always have my hunting license, and a lion tag in my jeep at all times.... I always have a loaded firearm and am always hunting or watching for something. Dont want to get caught with my pants down with some angry warden

Just tag out before the last day :D but make sure you have photos of your trophy with the correct date if they do ask you.

Just tag out before the last day :D but make sure you have photos of your trophy with the correct date if they do ask you.

Hmmmm camera dates can be adjusted