Sign in to follow this  
ready2hunt

A few Elk and Bear

It was a great weekend. Got the wife and kids out for some fishing and looking for deer and elk. The little ones and the wife caught some fish during our picnic. Drove Unit 22 thereafter and saw about 30 cows and 3 bulls: two of them were 4points and then one spike. Saw a bear too and it's been haunting my dreams...too far to get too but he was a monster (his pic was taken through some swaro's at about a mile and 1/2 distance).

I can honestly say the outdoors are much for fulfilling when you got the family all with you. It was a great weekend and a great tease for the hunting season!!

Enjoy the pics, they are a little poor quality. They were taken through a cell phone.

post-8413-0-75489400-1345475634_thumb.jpg

post-8413-0-49361400-1345475719_thumb.jpg

post-8413-0-41732900-1345475728_thumb.jpg

post-8413-0-51811600-1345475749_thumb.jpg

post-8413-0-67071600-1345475763.jpg

Family does make it all that much more enjoyable. Great pics

Great pics Chris!

Cool bear. How long did you watch him feed and move around?

Cool bear. How long did you watch him feed and move around?

Only about 20 min...the sun hit him and he was on the move. Smart bear...hoping to bag him by the end of the year. Actually my cousin is looking to get this bear....I hope that he has a bigger older brother waiting for me ;)

I think them are some good pictures for being a cell phone. That is a dandy bear for sure. They can cover alot of territory in a short period when they have made up their mind and you most likely will never catch up to them once they are on the move. Believe me on this one but be there the next day before daylight and you might pull it off. :)

TJ