Sign in to follow this  
bonecollector

Blind hunting

Im going to give it heck to try to sit all day if need be in the blind. So far I have not been able to due to lack of patience. My question is for those who can sit all day do you eat in the blind or get out for a break for lunch? If you eat in blind does the smell of food matter? Sitting here at work making my grocery list for the weekend.

if it tells you anything I've had to put my pb & j down to shoot at critters. I pack a real lunch, but focus on no noise food, i tend to avoid chips and things with noisy wrappers.

I dont use pee bottle either. Ive wizzed outta tree stands and ground blind with no issues from animals smelling me.

Bring a Muley Crazy, Diesel Power, 8 Lug, Bugle, Maxim(keeping it pg13 here guys haha if that is your bag), and good housekeeping magazine will keep you occupado.

• Like 1

Foods that aren't noisy are key. Wrappers make an unnatural noise that I think can be heard a long way. Blinds are great if you like to read. I averaged a book a day last August waiting on a certain buck that never showed.

Good luck to you!

if it tells you anything I've had to put my pb & j down to shoot at critters. I pack a real lunch, but focus on no noise food, i tend to avoid chips and things with noisy wrappers.

I dont use pee bottle either. Ive wizzed outta tree stands and ground blind with no issues from animals smelling me.

Good info, thanks. This just might keep me in the blind longer.

Foods that aren't noisy are key. Wrappers make an unnatural noise that I think can be heard a long way. Blinds are great if you like to read. I averaged a book a day last August waiting on a certain buck that never showed.

Good luck to you!

Been saving my new resource guide for this weekend and i'll have my phone to be on here of course. :)

Stay in the blind dark to dark. Bring food and drink. I repackage food from original noisy wrappers to ziplock sandwich bags. I do use a pee bottle. If your blind is in an open area with lots of opportunity to see the animals coming in, reading a book is a great way to pass the time. However, if you are in thick cover, with limited sight and limited shooting lanes, stay ready all the time. Coues will just appear and then disappear so quickly you will wonder if they were really there.

bring a lot of patience because that is what is needed. I brought a book when i sat a blind but be careful with that cuz i would get so into the book that anything could've walked in and I wouldn't have seen it...lol. I personally can't sit still that long cuz its torture for me :0)

Generally when I am sitting in a good spot, I expect to have deer come about every 45 minutes through the "busy" part of the day. This is enough to keep me excited enough to stay, without it dragging on too long. If nothing comes in all day, that is tough. In the area I hunt, sitting from dawn until about 11 am is fairly unproductive. So I spot and stalk until just before lunch, then park it for the rest of the day. If you have a good spot and invest the time you should have opportunity. Good luck!

Well with all this rain I hope my blind is still there in one piece. Lol

+1

I didn't tie off the brush around it, I'm sure the storms screwed that.

oh well. gonna be fun muddin back in there!

YEEEEHA!

James

water and an Iphone

I don't know how anyone could go back to using any other phone after having an IPhone.