Alpinebullwinkle

Early Rut ?

Getting harder and harder to focus at work.

Come on Friday!

+100!

Already the Least productive work week I can remember in a long time...

It's almost game time.

I'm half nervous today.

Good luck to everyone hunting the next 2 weeks.

I just got home from 23n. And the bulls were screaming till 10am. I found a few bulls with cows. I was able to get a few to come charging in to my bugle. But mostly i stalked lone bulls but constant bugles all-night till 10am.

I think I saw your trailer.. (the 1 in your old avatar pic) with coueswhitetail.com???? in star valley on sunday.

I was up friday sat, sunday and heard a few bulls going off!

James

The elk seem to have entered into their annual "quiet time" which ususally lasts about 5 days. Started two days ago. They were going crazy all day but the last two days they have cut off communications by 8:30AM and haven't really cranked up until after dark.

This quiet period is also earlier than normal. Still say this year will be the earliest rut in history but we just have to wait and see how it all unfolds. Everything has been different this year with the only explanation that the Wallow Fire has impacted both habitat and animal behaviors. Good luck to all hunters. You should have a blast this year based on what I have seen.

• Like 1

I just got home from 23n. And the bulls were screaming till 10am. I found a few bulls with cows. I was able to get a few to come charging in to my bugle. But mostly i stalked lone bulls but constant bugles all-night till 10am.

I think I saw your trailer.. (the 1 in your old avatar pic) with coueswhitetail.com???? in star valley on sunday.

I was up friday sat, sunday and heard a few bulls going off!

James

that was me.