Sign in to follow this  
COUESAZ

Check your tie downs

Make sure you check you tie down straps to make sure they are good. I lost my Polaris Ranger today off my trailer. Lucky for me it turned out to just be a heart attack. I was out on a dirt road and driving slow he king the side hill across from me for bear. It is covered in prickly pears. I had just told my kids if this guy in the ranger did not stop tail gating me I was going to stop and beat him up. My son said dad that's the ranger on our trailer.hahaha that was the funny part. Then about half a mile over the hill I look in my mirror and to my horror my ranger has stopped tailgating us. Right away my mind goes to the huge hill I had just over and see visions of my ranger over the edge in the bottom of the canyon. I leave my wife and daughters with the truck and my oldest son and I take off running. Me on my healing broken ankle. We come up over the next hill and setting there at the bottom smack dab in the center of the road was my ranger. All do to a broken strap. I usually put a strap on each corner. this time I only had two straps. So it was not a good thing all the way around. jUST CHECK THOSE STRAPS.

Sure glad it didnt end up over the hill my buddys ranger did the same thing but rolled up next to him at a light on camelback rd lol ya now we have straps on all corners and across the floor board

Whew! And for safety measures we pull out our winch cable for extra tie down support on dirt roads!

Glad it all went well for you and for the tailgating ranger part, that's hilarious, stuff like that makes for a good classroom teacher

Whew! Glad it happened on a no name back road and not on the highways! Ill be the first to admit that I gate the one inch straps. Our quads always came loose on our trailers. Now, I only use the 2.5 or 3 inch vehicle straps. They hardly ever come loose! But being lazy (guilty) I usually only put one strap on my rhino all the way up front. During a roll over it'll come loose, but I have bigger issues then!

Those things should be illegal. I used to have a box filled with parts of them I would pick up off the side of the road and trails. I saw a guy loose a Ditch Witch on Scottsdale road and subsuquently get a ticket too.

Chain your stuff down.