Sign in to follow this  
CMS

270 WSM

I really liked mine. It shot 140 accubonds very well, pushed by a heavy dose of H4831sc. Killed a couple of Coues deer with it, one I was not to impressed with, the other did well.

On a side note though, I have been much more impressed and pleased with my .257 wby then I was with my 270 wsm. They are roughly ballistic twins out past 300 yards but it has served me mo' betta'.

I've shot a .270 Win. since I was 13 and now shoot a .270WSM. Can't go wrong with either.

I bought a Weatherby Vangard .270 WSM at Sportsmans on sale for $349. Put a Leupold Rifleman 3X9 scope on it. The scope was like $200 I think. For that price, and being a beginer, I've been extrememly happy. First year out with it, shot a nice little spike WT. I am not an experienced hunter, but... I am very happy with my Vangard. I believe the regular price at Sportsmans is $399.

Good Luck.

I have a 270 WSM in the Tikka T3 Lite. I love it! I shoot 140 grain bergers out of it. It has taken several deer out to 750 yards and could go further if wanted. I have a muzzle break on it as well. I will never own another caliber. Best caliber for the west IMO.

I have the same setup as luvdemcoues does. I just picked it up recently and haven't shot it yet. I am shooting the same bullet to. As long as the rifle likes them.

The .270 WSM is just an awesome all-around gun. I got one in partial trade from Gino a while back and made a youth gun out of it. This one is just a Howa, with a cheap stock and decent scope. With handloads, even despite the poor trigger, my kids can group well out past 300 yards, and they don't practice as much as they should.

140 Grain accubonds, H4831sc or IMR 4350, it shoots amazingly well. I can only imagine what a Rem 700, Tikka or even Savage 114 medium countour can do with this bullet in experienced hands.