Sign in to follow this  
PRDATR

Has anyone hunted Pheasant south of Yuma?

If so I could use some pointers, habits, shot size etc. My son and I have never hunted them before and have a couple of tags and could use some help. We don't have a bird dog and if I can get my radiator swapped out I am going to try and head down friday after work.

If not it will probably be early saturday but just for the weekend as we are both pretty busy at work.

I have been drawn twice. Best advice I can give is find the best cover you can. Last time when we hunted phesants down their it was extremely hot and most of the fields were not planted. The smallest little patch of green seemed to hold a bird or two. We did need permission to hunt on some of the land but the farmers were nice and let us hunt. I dont know what road it was on(maybe someone might know on here) but their is a nasty Pig Farm that we shot most of the birds around.

Get a hold of member Ernesto C. He lives down there and has helped many young hunters. He is a great guy

+1 (if you can stand to talk to him that is. better brush up on your spanglish. HA HA JK :) )

• Like 1