Sign in to follow this  
Lookin4amonster

7E Bull Gut-Shot

While I was out in 7E Bull hunting this past week, my dad came across the game warden carrying out a rack of antlers over his shoulder. Apparently a guide came across an expired bull that had been gut shot and called game & fish. The warden said if you call in and 1) describe the bull, 2) describe the arrow, and 3) explain the general area where the bull was shot, you can claim the rack. (Provided you still have your tag.)

So if anyone, or anyone you know, shot this bull, please contact azgfd & ask for Matt Padilla.. or you can send me a PM & I'll tell you if you're on the right track.

The antlers must be claimed and TAGGED prior to the close of the hunt. Once the hunts closes they will not return the antlers to the hunter.

This bull has been identified. Thank you for posting this up, we relayed the message to a buddy of ours who was up there and only had opening day and sat morning to hunt. He shot the bull opening day and looked for it sat and drove up last thursday to look as well. Needless to say I'm sure they are ecstatic to find him! Thanks again

-Mike Seivert

that bull had great 3rds on it and it had the biggest pile of maggots that i have ever seen.

Ya our buddy brought the rack by our house on his way down the hill yesterday to show us, great bull but dang that thing is going to smell for weeks. Thanks again guys.

glad to hear hunter reunited with bull but what a waist of meat, just my opinion but sure seems people more worried about antler recovery than meat recovery

Well if you lose the bull about the only thing you can recover is the antlers. Oncethe meat is spoiled there is no recovery of the meat.

• Like 1

glad to hear hunter reunited with bull but what a waist of meat, just my opinion but sure seems people more worried about antler recovery than meat recovery

Considering they had every right to go up and try to shoot another bull rather than look for it for three days, I'd say they did the best they could given the circumstances. You have to get on a downed elk pretty quick especially in the early season or it will go bad. Wouldn't anyone want their rack?

I just sent you a personal message Mike, I did not read the replies for this post till now. I'm glad someone was able to claim the animal, and too bad the meat was a waste. 120carp, I'm assuming you're the one who found him and reported him to game & fish?