game hntr

What you guys think about the Garmin MONTANA 650T

I'm in market for a GPS and don't really know what to get...I saw the montana 650T ... Anyone has one? How are they? Are they easy to work with?

I never had a GPS before.. beside my car gps and my phone gps..

If anyone has one or has something to share please let me know. Thank you

haven't used the Montana, picked up the Oregon 450T last year, works great, maps of the entire US preloaded, only complaint - why would you ever have a "delete all waypoints" button. I hate that button.

haven't used the Montana, picked up the Oregon 450T last year, works great, maps of the entire US preloaded, only complaint - why would you ever have a "delete all waypoints" button. I hate that button.

Know what you mean. After you push that button it should as you "Are You Sure", (Push Button), ARE YOU REALLY SURE!

Dont know anything about the Montana but I have an old Garmin Legend that I would be lost without! I was on the cabelas and saw they have the Oregan 450 on sale!

http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/browse/bargain-cave-electronics-gps-handheld-accessories/_/N-1102702/Ns-CATEGORY_SEQ_105682680?WTz_l=SBC%3Bcat105591780%3Bcat105681780

Maybe something to look into

For the same price or less you can a GPSMAP 62. Bullet proof and you can get free topo and road maps for it online.

For the same price or less you can a GPSMAP 62. Bullet proof and you can get free topo and road maps for it online.

I have the 60c which is the first one of the 60 series, can't go wrong with the gps map62. That would be my choice.

I have had 4 Garmin units and presently have the Oregon 450t, my favorite was the etrex VistaHCx. I would agree that the GPSMAP 62 is hard to beat. I use mine in conjunction with National Geographics TOPO US to track trails and roads and locate items off the topo map onto the gps as waypoints, then when in the field I can find springs and certain points I want to find.

http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/maps/ is a great source for topo maps (FREE) that you can load onto your gps if you have a SD card in the unit.

I have the 650 and love it, I bought it because of the large screen,I already had the maps so I did not have to buy the 650T, it also has the Birds Eye option (satelite view) which is like 30 bucks a year for the subscription, I do not have that but it sounds like it would be cool to have.

We have to the 650. Use it on our ranger. Dont waste the money on the 650t. Just buy the hunting gps maps. They are awesome. Worth the money, never had any issues. Can type cords right in, mark waypoints. You can set it like we do to mark your current route incase you lost its impossible too. Hope this helps. Pm if you have any questions.

Today I got the 650T from Cabelas. They have an online sale for $549 in store it's $699 .. I think i got a fair price. I just need to purchase the 24K topo maps and the BIRDSEYE.

I have the 60c which is the first one of the 60 series, can't go wrong with the gps map62. That would be my choice.

+2 very nice models