Sign in to follow this  
ready2hunt

Shout out to Game and Fish

He put it up there 4 days before the hunt

Well, the Forest Service considers it abandoned property if it is left for more than 72 hours, without permission. Maybe someone thought it was abandoned?... Just saying....

A 30,000 $$ trailer Nah...I don't think so.

Not sure why anyone would leave a $30,000 trailer unattended in the woods for 4 days. Pack it in, Pack it out.

• Like 1

It definitely won't happen again but even if it was a 30 dollar tent, you don't open fire on it. PERIOD...........

Exactly and whether or not it was some drunky or methy or some PETA member it still someones life that could be at risk.

Well, the Forest Service considers it abandoned property if it is left for more than 72 hours, without permission. Maybe someone thought it was abandoned?... Just saying....

Give me a break.....

That's the same thing as if u leave ur trail camout for 5 days while you are working during the week to find out ur trail cam got stolen, it comes down to common sense and dignity

If you parked ur truck in the woods and haven't moved it in72 hours, does it give me the right to shoot your truck whether it's worth 1 k or 30k?

• Like 1

Wasn't justifying the shooting, just pointing out the absurdity of the forest service rules...

But common sense say that you don't leave your $30,000 rig out in the forest unattended for 4 days... You wouldn't leave your $ 1500.00 rifle laying out at a water hole for 4 days and expect to find it sill there 4 days later.

I would have to say a rifle left around a water hole and a camper set up before the hunt is completely different. I see a gun I think some poor dude lost his gun take it and post it on cwt. This place is amazing on getting lost game and weapons to their rightful owners but I if see a trailer I don't take it.

• Like 2