vegasjeep

Camo COlors???

I have had very good luck in the last season with the Natural Gear camo. It matches the southern desert VERY well. In fact TO WELL if your looking for your buddy..

what is everyone else using?

I think the prairie Ghost pattern willbe my next. Really looks almost universal for S/W and plains use.

I like any camo color that has a lighter shade. I have some of the Cabela's open country and Kings Desert Shadow that I like. As long as feel confident, I like it. I just remember watching my brother walk across a hill in 33 in some Mossy Oak stuff and he looked like a black blob.

Cannot say enough good things about the "natural gear" camo. Comfortable, ideal for the SW and truely affordable. It blends well with anything in the desert. No high priced commissions on these bad boys.

I like any camo color that has a lighter shade. I have some of the Cabela's open country and Kings Desert Shadow that I like. As long as feel confident, I like it. I just remember watching my brother walk across a hill in 33 in some Mossy Oak stuff and he looked like a black blob.

I couldn't agree more with you. I hunted in that mossy oak junk last year cause it was all I had. It is not ideal for the desert country. I am definitely going to get different camo before this season. However, I think that no matter what color of camo you get you need to treat it with UV killer. Once I started using this stuff I noticed a huge difference and have not stopped using it since. I absolutely will not go without this stuff ever again. I know that it doesn't make you invisible but I think it makes a huge difference, I'll take any advantage I can get.

http://www.atsko.com/uvkiller.html

I use the realtree hardwoods HD. It works great in the deserts. But does give the black blob effect in some areas. I think the natural gear or prairie ghost would be the best choice. Thats what I will be wearing in 36B this year!!!

Cannot say enough good things about the "natural gear" camo. Comfortable, ideal for the SW and truely affordable. It blends well with anything in the desert. No high priced commissions on these bad boys.

here is a quote for natural gear for those who have not used or seen it. http://www.naturalgear.com/

You can actually find things not on their website at Wal Mart believe it or not. They have hats, gloves, shirts, jackets, etc. You can purchase a pair of pants, 4 shirts, jacket, hat, gloves for under 100 bucks. This stuff fits well and is comfortable. It is the best thing I ahve found to match the SW desert. I even bought myu new stock from Bell and Carlson which has the same pattern on it.

I personally like the Mossy Oak Brush camo. It has a little bit of orangey, rusty color in it, which where I hunt, there are those colors especially in manzanita and mountain mohagony stuff. Some of the leaves on these bushes will turn that reddish/orangey color. I think sometimes the lighter colored stuff sticks out in the shady areas, but I still own some.

I have always used Predator camo and I have had good luck with it so far.

I think the prairie Ghost pattern willbe my next. Really looks almost universal for S/W and plains use.

I like the prairie ghost stuff, but only for plains use. My buddy has a full outfit of it and wears it in the desert chasing Mulies by our house and he stands out like a "glowing yellow Gumby"! I keep telling him it's way too bright for the black and grey rocky stuff we hunt, but he still wears it because of how much money he paid for it.

I like the lighter colored camo, just not the bright yellow stuff, the Natural Gear is great, especially the leafy suit, the Predator line is awesome especially if you have all versions of it to match your hunting area, and I will be stocking up on some of the Kings Camo, the new stuff looks awesome! JIM>

I hunt in 36B, Rocky, desert, brown.... well right now it is green. PIcs of a monster buck shaping up for this season. Been scouting every weekend. Getting ready to put up some trail cams. 8 hour drive each way every weekend. Or most... its that time of year :D

I still have advantage timber. 2-3 years ago when it was new I looked like a dark blob. After a couple years of use and tons of time in the washer it has faded a bunch and is now perfect.

I am glad to see that there is finally a pretty large selection of lighter camos suitable for the desert. My old camo jeans are starting to look like there are more patches on them than the actual jeans so I think I'll be needing some new ones soon

I'm biased, becasue I do some writing work for Ghost Camo. I have been wearing Prairie Ghost, but am going to try River Ghost this year for the desert. Lots of browns and tans.

One could set the various camo patterns together on the grassy hillsides, against trees, against rocky slopes, and take black and white photos of how they disappear (or don't) from a distance.

Camo can help, but I think it is the movement and noise that gets hunters detected more than than the wrong camo pattern/color. Be stealthy and plan your movements and paths.

How about that shiny gunstock, polished barrel or watch crystal?

RR