Sign in to follow this  
Chris

Weatherby Ultra Lightweight thoughts

Any thoughts on the Weatherby Ultra Lightweight?

Kind of pricey around $1500, any other options comparable? Trying to avoid heavy woods.

Kimber Ascent, it's only available in non magnum calibers, but they do make it in the 280 ackley improved. I think it weighs in at 4.5 pounds.

Think about the caliber. 300 Wby in a super light gun has a lot of trade-offs. The same gun in .257 wby will do a lot better, accuracy-wise.

i do not know if they are available yet but the NULA made in WV would be my choice. better chance a accuracy to take the longer shots. with a muzzle break you tame the recoil of either. depending on the caliber you choose.

i do not know if they are available yet but the NULA made in WV would be my choice. better chance a accuracy to take the longer shots. with a muzzle break you tame the recoil of either. depending on the caliber you choose.

My understanding is that NULA will actively discourage you from putting a brake on one of his rifles. Easy enough to have installed elsewhere but found it interesting that he did'nt think you should put one on one of the ultralights. shayne

I have an ultra light. It is a 25-06. I love that rifle!!! It is light comfortable to carry and it will touch holes at 100yds. It has a crisp trigger (3.5lbs) with no creep. I am not sure I would wnat one in a big magnum. This one will be with me on may hunts to come.

Kimber Ascent, it's only available in non magnum calibers, but they do make it in the 280 ackley improved. I think it weighs in at 4.5 pounds.

That would be a sweet rifle

Shot a guys UL in 257 WM. The rifle itself was extremely nice. My complaint about it was it wasn't super accurate, although decent. My Vanguard shot much better than it. He didn't take good care of it though and might have done something. That has been the only Weatherby rifle I saw that wouldn't do 1.5" at 100 yards atleast.