Sign in to follow this  
dieselroe

First Buck for a Friend

Guided a friend of mine from church on his first hunt. He ended up killing this awesome buck. Wanted to share and see if you guys would make some guesses on size. I was hoping it to be over a hundred, pretty sure it is but want some opinions. (Might have it taped later)

Anyways,

We hunted down south for a total of two days. Saw what I'm pretty sure was this buck next to the road day before the opener at 10:30 P.M. on our way to make camp back up in the mountains. I was excited to see something large in the area for my buddy. We hunted east of the location hoping to see him where he was headed or another deer. Nothing turned up so we went back and glassed the area near where he was (about 1500 yards south of our camp). Found a small buck moving quick but couldn't close the distance we needed before he was gone. Next morning we went back and right away my friend spotted a buck. He was at 163 yds. I set my friend up and the deer moved behind some trees. While looking for the deer I found this buck and gave him a choice to wait, he decided to wait for him to give a shot. He shot through a 20 inch window and crushed him quartering towards and slightly turned right. It knocked him silly taking out his front shoulder and double lunging him. The guy made a great shot and held position for 30 minutes while I kept telling him stay on it, he's gonna get up....hahaha. Great hunt and He packed the meat out so it was easy on me......

Check it out.

And yes thats my super combo camo.......lol

post-4713-0-98365600-1352673207_thumb.jpg

post-4713-0-16984400-1352673221_thumb.jpg

post-4713-0-56954700-1352673286_thumb.jpg

I would say it will probably make over 100" gross, maybe around 105", net will be pretty close to 100."

No matter how you cut it that is one awesome buck that almost looks like it has ivory tips. Congrats to the hunters.

Very nice Buck. Congrats to your friend.