Sign in to follow this  

Mathews Creed

So I have seen the new brochure and it looks like an amazing bow. I talked to the guys over at Arizona Archery, and they said it is unbelievably smooth on the draw. I have read online that a lot of the so called die-hard mathews fans are disappointed in the split limb and that it is only IBO'd at 328. Seems to me that many people pick a bow based on speed and that is really the only thing they think about. Funny how 350 is smokin' fast, but 330 is too slow. LOL! Just curious if anyone has shot one and what their thoughts are on it? Arizona Archery should have another in about 2 weeks and I can't wait to shoot one.

It's a work of art! The draw is ridiculously smooth, and it can hardly be felt in the hand! For me, personally, I'd rather have a set of solid limbs. I'd also like a little more bow weight, so if I end up picking one up, Ill need to put some weight out back like Id prefer with the Heli-m. As for the 328 FPS, thats nothing to scoff about. Most people will never reach IBO speed with their rigs.

Yeah My thoughts match yours. I have never shot split limb, and I know mathews has publicly stated that they were inferior less than 5 years ago. However, i am one that believes sometimes you need to eat your words and be willing to change your opinion if the facts present themself. I'm Sure 5 years ago Mathews felt that they were inferior, but with todays' advance in technology, I am sure thats why the change of mind. As far as weight goes, I like a super light bow, because I have heavy accesories like Spott hogg and doinker stabilizer. When they get one back in stock, I am going to put my bow against it, and I am sure I will be walking out with a new bow. Used to be a BOWTECH NUT, but their customer service has driven me away. Seems that is starting to be the consensus of many of the archery shops as well.

smooth draw. good into the valley. solid wall. and is absolutely dead on the release. going to be a real shooter. didn't care much for the massive idler wheel or split limbs... but i got over it once i shot it.

I cant speak for the bow but it sure looks like a keeper. IMO split limb technology are the easiest tuning bows out there. Being able to take out cam lean and square it up by the twist of a string one side or the other beats a solid limb any day. There is also a little less mass there so they can achieve a little more speed than a solid limb bow. Also agree 328 is nothing to scoff at. If she’s smooth and feels dead in the hands only you will know when shooting it. But I would go out and shoot a few different models and pick which one fits and feels the best to you. Unless of course your left handed with a short draw like I am then that’s easier said than done. Most PRO shops don’t carry left handed bows set up to try out. :angry:

GBA

just picked mine up yesterday after unloading my insanity. Night and day between the two one of the smoothest bows ive ever shot, set at 74 lbs and feels easyer to draw than my 68lb insanity. Also the quietest 70 lb bow ive ever heard. Going to hold on to this one for a while.

We have one down here at the shop (robinsons archery) when it first came in I was playing around with the Creed, ZXT, and the Chill. By far I liked the creed the best. Extremely smooth zero recoil light weight and very forgiving. I really like the solid wall on it as well. Probably one of the best bows I've ever shot and I've shot most of everything of the major bow brands on the market. If you decide on the Creed you will definitely not be disappointed. And not to mention you can't beat Mathews customer service and warranty!

• Like 2

creed by far is smoother drawing but cant touch the chill on speed or aftershot comfort. the creed was top heavy and the chill stayed in my hand way easier and I believe its a quieter bow. JMO

dont do it, that cam wants to rip you r arm out of its socket. besides, mathews are known for being very slow. for western hunters, i think you need all the speed, accuracy and forgiveness you can get. get a pse.

dont do it, that cam wants to rip you r arm out of its socket. besides, mathews are known for being very slow. for western hunters, i think you need all the speed, accuracy and forgiveness you can get. get a pse.

You do not need speed... Ask Randy Ulmer, guy has killed more trophies than probably all of us combined. (not really, but he has killed a crazy amount of giants). He shoots heavy, heavy arrows at a slower speed.

Heavy and slower than 300fps = quiet bow, more penetration, more consistent broadhead flight. Mathews are slow? Go shoot an MR5 and tell me how slow it is. just as fast as any of Pete Shepleys experiments.

My Monster xlr8 shoots a 410 grain arrow at 332fps and is just as quiet as my buddies Hoyt spider 30 shooting the same arrow at 285. Only difference is by the time an animal jumps my string my arrow will have already poured straight through him. ;-) In my opinion you could buy any bow regardless of the make and shoot lights out with it, every bow company seems to make a quality bow these days...

My Monster xlr8 shoots a 410 grain arrow at 332fps and is just as quiet as my buddies Hoyt spider 30 shooting the same arrow at 285. Only difference is by the time an animal jumps my string my arrow will have already poured straight through him. ;-) In my opinion you could buy any bow regardless of the make and shoot lights out with it, every bow company seems to make a quality bow these days...

thats unreal. whats your draw length?

/>

thats unreal. whats your draw length?

28.5"

My brother bought the 1st one Bull Basin got in when they came out. ( he was pumped to be the 1st on in tucson with it lol) he loves it! my dad just got the creed tactical 3 weeks ago and needless to say.... they are bad a** bows! ill stick with my trusty Z7 though for a few more years.