Sign in to follow this  
arg

Another buck in the books.

With Thanksgiving and club baseball my schedule was pretty much booked up until my hunt. After a quick turkey day with family. My dad, uncle, grandpa and I where off to the hills. We set up camp real quick so we can get one last look around before opening morning. That night i could hardly sleep...we woke up early and hiked to the spot where i shot my buck last year. With in minutes my dad spotted two bucks working a ridge. With no time to waste my uncle and I worked over to the nearest ridge to try to get a shot. As we peeked over the ridge the two bucks where already on the move..."dang they caught us". That day we seen so many doe's i lost count but we couldnt turn up a buck. After a good dinner and a good night sleep I was up early, eager to see what the day would bring. We decided to try a new area that we've been wanting to go look at. We started glassing across the canyon and all i heard was my dad say "I got a buck". After a quick game plan I found myself 300 yards away with him in my scope. As my uncle calmed me down i squeezed the trigger. It was a perfect shot that knocked him down. What great hunt with my family and to make things even better I did it on my moms birthday.

Hunterpost-2596-0-09734900-1354077366_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Great buck! Thats funny bigorange, at least the kid is hanging with a winning team, I'm thinking about becoming an Oregon fan too( and I have a Zonazoo pass haha), its the only team in the Pac worth a darn(stanford loss was a fluke).

Hunter,

Congrats on a nice deer. Sometime its better to not shoot immediately so you can spend more time in the filed with your family.